Tom's Luke ANH exactra

thd9791

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I recently acquired a clear Exactra 20! I liked how the frosted one looks on my Obi, and my ANH graflex has never had a real bubble strip!

looking at the clear one it just seems...quick and dirty logical that they'd use the pinch method. The little rectangle surrounding the bubbles is the exact area between a closed clamp. Also, the exactra being skinnier than the full width inside the clamp (ESB cards) reinforced this idea. I felt horrible cutting up the lens though, grumble grumble vintage parts

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,011.6 KB · Views: 152
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    833.3 KB · Views: 105
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    919.9 KB · Views: 131
And look at this! As I was standing down the long sides I stopped and tested it. It looked a little familiar. Credit to..whoever owns the original pic, I can't keep track.

I continued to to file with a square file all different ways until it didn't stress the clamp.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 121
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 129
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 106
BTW, save the circuit board that went under the bubbles! The ESB Vader saber has the bubbles with a part of the circuit board still attached and that is the correct type of circuit board.

You're right Roy, these things continue to amaze me.

Thats right! I thought it looked familiar, I need a proper Vader Saber in my collection, the one I made..I cut some corners I shouldn't. I'll definitely keep the rest of this calculator on hand!

I felt horrible cutting up the lens though, grumble grumble vintage parts

I feel you man, but I feel that bittersweet moment of the first cut less and less. In terms of alliances you must be an ally of the Force, or of the Dark Side (in my opinion): either you are in this for Star Wars, or you are in it for preserving the item as it was originally intended. You can't have both, at least not until you have the first one. And the first one has to be the one for the Force, right? Do the one for the Force and then do the second set of original parts for the display or for posterity.

But if this is part of the posterity collection, don't cut it. If it isn't, cut it. Just don't cut it wrong!

I know it's hard to get past that feeling though. It's a commitment.

It's on my list to get an Exactra someday, but I just got hold of a Kobold so need to curb my spending for a while incase my wife leaves me!

In my god I know, I'm involved in the dl44 run, the Luke v2 run and I just bought a grenade...and now a scope for the blaster. I need to calm down lol

- - - Updated - - -

Pardon my iPods misspellings. The typing app on this webpage is a little slow on mobile devices.

Looks good, I just picked up an Exactra 20 last week too for replacing my replica bubble strip. I haven't had the guts to open it up and cut it down just yet.

I've also been going a little crazy on the spending as well, I've got 2 DL-44's coming, Just started buying stuff for an ESB Luke lightsaber, and found a Heiland for a Vader saber.

hahaha thanks man! This razor saw has been a godsend. There do seem to be a lot of sabers sitting here, oh darn...

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back