Toms first Exactra

thd9791

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So I got a late model - blue PCB and frosted bubble strip. It wasn't as hefty or large as the other ones I've seen, I barely had to cut anything off the ends.

my question is - I basically have one choice: the pinch method. My one complaint about blast-techs strips is that they're thinner than .5 inches....basically they're not wide enough and can slide back and forth in the clamp. This bubble strip is the same size...pinching just makes sense. Are others the same size?

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Those bubbles do not look correct to me, not in pictures 2 and 3. Maybe its an optical illusion.

I should have my Exactra on Monday or Tuesday and would be happy to take photos so you can compare if you like.

He's showing the bubble strip from the backside, the side you don't see when installed in the saber. That's why they look funny.

Can we get a pic from the top side?

Last edited:
Seems to me those are all 'round' bubbles correct ... you only have to cut the excess sides to the lenght you need and place them between the clamp teeth and then you're done and ready... am I correct?

Chaim

You're correct Chaim! Odd thing..with my clamp I would have to take 1/16 off each side for the pinch method too...I decided to sand flat and even though there's space on both sides in the clamp, I stopped sanding when I could force it in - so it would stay. I'll throw up some pics after work...thanks everyone!

and yes, this "full" bubble version looks REALLY nice.

Those all round bubbles are the most easy to attach to any G R A F L E X clamp ... and when you do happen to scratch them there's also Novus 2 to remove those scratches completely and possibly still available in a 3 piece set on ebay ... thanks to Clutch for suggesting it . . . almost an eon ago ;)

Chaim

Indeed I have used Novus 1,2,3 several times already ... great stuff and not readily available here hence ebay :)

Chaim

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back