Tom's DL-21

I found thin scope rings! 1 inch and the 11mm rail with the chunky base. They say "low" but they're anything but. I'd imagine this is because they are unnamed and from China. They are thinner than the knob used to tighten them. I'll update when they finally show up (it's been a week)

Damn! Why does China have to be so far away!

Here are the scope rings! The scope is a resin cast of a single point, so there might be a tiny bit of shrinkage, but I think these are more the right size.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    500.4 KB · Views: 67
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    184.7 KB · Views: 60
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    558.9 KB · Views: 79
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    368.1 KB · Views: 74
tom looks great! i have a question, the clear part on the scope is that actually part of the scope? or is that another found part the put on the scope?

tom looks great! i have a question, the clear part on the scope is that actually part of the scope? or is that another found part the put on the scope?
Singlepoints, as you may know, have the clear tip. Some are frosted and some are clear, but theres a red translucent stick in there. The idea is you unfocus your eyes, stare at the far target and the red tip should line up with your target.
singlepoint.jpg

The clear tip came with this resin casting. It wasn't the greatest quality, and I had a hard time getting it to stick to the scope body, it being a flat to flat surface. it was just a clear solid cone and the scope body was solid.

The red tip I put in there was a piece of a Lego missle. I drilled a hole for it, right in the back. Without a drill press it came out crooked, and the dust from drilling clear resin got stuck in there. I may just sand the whole thing and make it frosted.

Yeah, I'm gonna be "that guy" and resurrect this old (but awesome!) blaster thread. I'm working on one of these myself, and I couldn't figure out why everyone worries about the "thin" scope rings...until I put some generic rings on my Singlepoint and it became quite obvious! Width! I'm always thinking something is wide when it's really long hehe. :D thd9791 - Do you happen to recall where you found those thin rings?

Also I want to see more pics. :D

Yeah, I'm gonna be "that guy" and resurrect this old (but awesome!) blaster thread. I'm working on one of these myself, and I couldn't figure out why everyone worries about the "thin" scope rings...until I put some generic rings on my Singlepoint and it became quite obvious! Width! I'm always thinking something is wide when it's really long hehe. :D thd9791 - Do you happen to recall where you found those thin rings?

Also I want to see more pics. :D
So, I did some digging through my stuff and I have no record of these rings. They were sourced though ebay, cheapest items first, so these were straight from china. I noted the space on the left and right of the tightening screws on the ring tops. They're of the same style as the ones on the ROTJ Han Blaster and (at least the upper ring) the Biker Scout Blaster, but obviously just thinner.. and I have no idea how to find them again other than blunt browsing

unfortunately I sold this one! I was always unhappy with the steel and aluminum up front and the resin/bakelite back, it was so top heavy I never wanted to pick it up.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back