Tomb of Tutankhamon

peter74

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi Guys,
I open this thread to let you know something about me, I've always been a fan of Egypt and the cinema. Over the past 2 years I have dedicated myself to make the Indiana Jones prop, but what you want to see is a job that I made back in 1998. I store household goods and furnishings, in the first floor of the shop I created a 1:1 scale the Tomb of Tutankhamun. It took almost 6 months to design it and create it. The room (4x5mt) I painted by hand following the techniques of the ancient Egyptians. The two statues are made ​​of polystyrene, resin and gold-colored sheets. The sarcophagus and made of crystal in which I carved and sanded the hieroglyphs. Below you can see some pictures of it:

http://youtu.be/kDw7CwMdur4

Peter74

Last edited:
SIX MONTHS!?? My gawd, that looks like SIX YEARS of work!!
Very impressive, very beautifully done! The ancient Egyptians would have
indeed been fortunate to have had you conducting their tomb building--they
were a little on the slow side : )))

Shylaah

What a talent! Does the paintings on the wall mean anything? A story perhaps?

The paintings that are shown are identical to the original, they are the funeral rites in which the pharaoh passes from this world to the hereafter, through the ceremony of "opening the mouth and ears" ..

Brilliant - you've replicated the look very well indeed. It's an easy trap to recreate ancient Egyptian wall murals as cartoonish and garish with modern paints, but you've avoided that and really captured the classic look.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back