Tom Sachs and the Snap Hook that NOBODY can find.

Maniacy

We, the small community at the Europa Research Institute Discord, have taken it upon ourselves to make replicas of this bag.
Basically all items have been identified and can be sourced.

Except the snap hook. Even the Tom Sachs Studio has been unable to find this particular snap hook, so they had them remade for a series of bags using manual and CNC machining.
I was sent three reference pictures from them and one I made myself while at the Studio.

I have looked everywhere. To no avail.
I talked to former managers of German snap hook manufacturers, to companies in Asia, Europe, and the United State.
We know about snap hooks from the equestrian community to space industry. But the demon hook is nowhere to be found.

I'm thankful for ANY KIND OF LEAD.
We found many that are similar... But after over year of collective search we have next to nothing to show for it.

Attachments

• necim1 - Copy.jpg
    necim1 - Copy.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 127
  • necim2 - Copy.jpg
    necim2 - Copy.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 141
  • necim3 - Copy.jpg
    necim3 - Copy.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 162
  • 20171208-0K6A2830_DxO.jpg
    20171208-0K6A2830_DxO.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 144
  • TomSachs_SnapHook_Replica-KellyBag.png
    TomSachs_SnapHook_Replica-KellyBag.png
    536.4 KB · Views: 136
  • unknown.png
    unknown.png
    859.8 KB · Views: 159
Hello Noahsand,

I have no idea where to find these clips but I would like your help sourcing the red string that Tom Sach's team uses on their new bags. Its a thin red nylon string and they claim its manufactured in Germany. Now anything about the red string?

those snaphooks look familiar I've found some simmilar but they are massive for like towing and tie downs on recovery vehicles... still looking though.

the red string just looks like braided paracord... there are so many options but all very simmilar...

some sort of close ones here for the snap hooks
Thanks for your effort, but please be assured, we have sifted THOUSANDS of snap hooks. Every one of the ones you posted I've seen a hundred times. (do a google image search for Swedish hook for example if you want to see another variety)
Close isn't cutting it for us.

Hello Noahsand,

I have no idea where to find these clips but I would like your help sourcing the red string that Tom Sach's team uses on their new bags. Its a thin red nylon string and they claim its manufactured in Germany. Now anything about the red string?
I'm pretty sure they know on the Discord. Go to @europa_and_back on Instagram, there's a link to the Discord in the bio.

How many are you trying to source? The construction is pretty basic, and the sheet metal lock could be made with a few simple press operations.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back