To clear this up...

Cut Xs in the dread "holes" and use epoxy to attach them?
Is the glue placed on the exterior of the mask or the interior?

If you are cutting x's in your mask.....i would put the glue on the outside of the hole......then when you push the dread into it.....the triangular peices left from the x will bond to the side of the dead and give you a good hold.

..............but wait to see what some of the more experienced members have to say

hope this is a help.

Well, i cut X's, applied black CA to the inner of the hole, then pushed in my dread, the X cuts, then form four strong flaps, all lined with CA, and hold my dreads rock solid, some that looked suspect, i just dropped some CA down the hole with a fine applicator nozzle.
Hope that helps bud, but i found it a great way to attach them!

lee

Well, i cut X's, applied black CA to the inner of the hole

lee

Sorry Lee.....when you say "inner of the hole"....do you mean inside the mask?....or outside the mask?

......if you mean inside the mask.....wont the CA be on the wrong side of the flaps?

thanx

Lee

If you are cutting x's in your mask.....i would put the glue on the outside of the hole......then when you push the dread into it.....the triangular peices left from the x will bond to the side of the dead and give you a good hold.

..............but wait to see what some of the more experienced members have to say

hope this is a help.

So you pushed the dread through the X, and applied glue on it from the INTERIOR of the mask, correct? That's along the lines of what I was thinking. Since I don't have black epoxy, I figured I'd rather have it hidden.

Or did you use a nozzle to apply the glue from the outside of the mask?
Like sticking the nozzle into the dread hole and applying the glue around the dread where it touches the mask?

So you pushed the dread through the X, and applied glue on it from the INTERIOR of the mask, correct? That's along the lines of what I was thinking. Since I don't have black epoxy, I figured I'd rather have it hidden.

LOL......no......cut an x.....put glue on the inside of the HOLE....or put another way...OUTSIDE the mask...LOL
then when you push the dread through the x....the triangle flaps will stick to the dread.

......it's more dificult than we think......understanding each other i mean

Happy new YR btw

Lee

LOL i dont, im confused, my head now really hurts LOL. Nah guys, i mean put the CA, in the "hole" where you just cut your X from the outside lol?
That way, you push the dread in...and the flaps follow suit to the inside of the mask? Is that making more sense lol?

I shoulda explained that a little better....Happy New Year fellas!

bests.....lee

LOL i dont, im confused, my head now really hurts LOL. Nah guys, i mean put the CA, in the "hole" where you just cut your X from the outside lol?
That way, you push the dread in...and the flaps follow suit to the inside of the mask? Is that making more sense lol?

I shoulda explained that a little better....Happy New Year fellas!

bests.....lee

Phew........so it's the same method then...lol.

same to you Lee...all the best

Lee

That will probably depend on how much the mask will expand to accept something larger...if the mask is too stiff it may now work without damaging or puckering the mask.

I dunno...
I have Bambooie dreads (I think. They do the "wiggle-jiggle" thing pretty well.) and a Snyder P2 mask.
The diameter of the dreadlock is a couple millimeters larger than the diameter of the dread holes.
I just want to make sure I'm doing this right.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back