TMNT "Coming out of their shells" Tour *NEW SHELL FOUND*

slimesquare

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Picked up some Stage used stuff from the TMNT music tour, as well as some actual leather elbow pads, that i'm still trying to figure out what they are from since none of the tour photos have them wearing brown leather elbow/knee pads. Currently in the screen cap hunt to figure out if the may be from the 2nd of 3rd movie.

But heres some pics

boots and Mikey's Eye stars for his bandana
100_0704.jpg

Donny's Full costume
100_0703.jpg

Leo's Full costume
100_0702.jpg

And the huge pile of elbow and knee pads with a set of wrist bands
100_0701.jpg

the elbow pads are all labeled with each turtles name on it, and are made of actual leather, and like I said before theres no tour footage that I can find of them wearing brown leather elbow/ knee pads

And then finally.....

Donny's stage used shell
100_0698.jpg

if you look in the lower right had corner, theres the metallic sticker from his servo control panel
100_0697.jpg

and then the inside
100_0696.jpg

Pretty cool stuff to have I know its not screen used but its stage used wardrobe, and I'm hoping something comes up from what the pads actually are from...and any help is appreciated

Thanks guys,
Slime

Last edited:
Re: TMNT "Coming out of their shells" Tour

There was a live action stage music show that was exclusively at one of the theme parks in orlando, maybe the pads are from one of those and jsut got mixed in.

By the way, ive got all the movies along with the coming out of their shells tour on dvd. If theres anything i can help with let me know.

im pretty sure the live stage show was at MGM studios in florida, and they have cartoon style suits. I know some where at home I have pictures with all the turtles.

The wrist bands have velcro on them, and there is a Mikey trading card from TMNT 2 where you can clearly see his wristbands had velcro on them. The thing that is hard too see is the inside of the elbow and the back of the knee pads to see how they were held together. Mine you can see were grommets with elastic which could mean they were stunt pads since it looks like the hero ones were a solid pad, but like I said I'm just guessing.

that's a great find! I wish I could love the turtles shell tour but it's awful in my eyes along with turtles 3. very very cool props however! Nice!

Do you have the front of the shell as well? Could you tell or show us how the strapping system works, and how the front would attach? It may help in planning my own shell system... Thanks again for your help!

- Doug

As far as i know the front of the shell was a seperate piece that I wasn't able to get. The back shell is like a back pack and there are three clips that come off the "side skin" that connect in the front. Also looks like there is a clip for under the crotch as well

Even though the suits for the stage show were badly done in comparison to the first movie suits it is still amazing that you have this. Thanks for posting pictures! :)

IMG_3354 (2).jpg

Amazing looks just like in the tour book here. Just like I remember them when I saw them at age 8 at Radio City Music Hall.

Man thank you so much for posting these. Ive been really struggling to figure out how to attach the shells and pads on my turtle costumes and these are great references

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back