Titans Robin Armor

These reference photos have helped a bunch! No matter how hard i tried i couldn't getting the caps i had to light up nicely. Now i've got the chest piece and abs done (not painted tho) so thank you very much!

Here is a WIP pic! Woke up this morning and decided to change it up a bit. Huge shout out to you tho friedawesome, you've been a huge help! Also attached a pic of the template I used for the chest

Attachments

• image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 463
  • 20181130_192728.jpg
    20181130_192728.jpg
    607 KB · Views: 483
Here is a WIP pic! Woke up this morning and decided to change it up a bit. Huge shout out to you tho friedawesome, you've been a huge help! Also attached a pic of the template I used for the chest
Looks amazing!!! Can't wait to see how it turns out! What are your plans as far as painting and line work go?

Looks amazing!!! Can't wait to see how it turns out! What are your plans as far as painting and line work go?

Thanks! I'm going to be wood burning in the lines later today. I really like the look it gives when you do that. As for the paint? I'm not entirely sure yet? I can't use spray paint so I'm trying to chase up an air brush kit or just put up with some strokes in the finish. I'm looking at doing a slightly dark red. I'll probably just end up mixing acrylics up and painting it on with a brush and then convincing a friend to do a spray clear afterwards to make it nice and glossy.

Thanks! I'm going to be wood burning in the lines later today. I really like the look it gives when you do that. As for the paint? I'm not entirely sure yet? I can't use spray paint so I'm trying to chase up an air brush kit or just put up with some strokes in the finish. I'm looking at doing a slightly dark red. I'll probably just end up mixing acrylics up and painting it on with a brush and then convincing a friend to do a spray clear afterwards to make it nice and glossy.
Sounds awesome! Please share your progress!

I ended up redoing the chest piece as i burnt a hole in the foam (oops!) I'll post pictures once the first coat of paint is on. What I'm now stuck on at the moment is the colour of the fabric for the pants. I'm stuck between these two.
upload_2018-12-10_22-47-28.png

upload_2018-12-10_22-47-56.png

Which one do you think is better?
I've got the meshing already i just need the fabric for the pants. I've already decided on the fabric for the other parts

1C5F9A41-D3D0-4B57-A75E-EE99401B5A7F.jpeg
I ended up redoing the chest piece as i burnt a hole in the foam (oops!) I'll post pictures once the first coat of paint is on. What I'm now stuck on at the moment is the colour of the fabric for the pants. I'm stuck between these two.
View attachment 963471
View attachment 963472
I've got the meshing already i just need the fabric for the pants. I've already decided on the fabric for the other parts
I’d recommend the first color! Less shine, here’s my progress on Jason Todd armor!

Thanks for the quick answer mate! I'm ordering the top colour now. It looks amazing mate! I made a foam chest piece to attach mine too and i'm regretting it tbh :/

View attachment 963471
View attachment 963472
'Titans': Here's a Detailed Look at Robin's Costume The top one looks the closest The pants are gree and black.

So i scraped my chest piece. The paint was rubbing off with every new coat even after letting it dry for 24+ hours and the paint on the abs kept cracking so I'm taking a break to work on some other parts of the suit. This is as far as i've gotten with the belt (i've run out of foam) hopefully the fabric comes soon so i can start on that part of the suit

Attachments

• IMG_0091.JPG
    IMG_0091.JPG
    302.6 KB · Views: 265
So i scraped my chest piece. The paint was rubbing off with every new coat even after letting it dry for 24+ hours and the paint on the abs kept cracking so I'm taking a break to work on some other parts of the suit. This is as far as i've gotten with the belt (i've run out of foam) hopefully the fabric comes soon so i can start on that part of the suit
Looks amazing!!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back