Titans Robin Armor

FRIEDAWESOME

Started making the robin armor from titans the other night. Planning on making it into a vest, similar to the show. The "R" symbol is temporary and am making a more accurate one soon. Not finished and need to do more painting and weathering but thought I'd share what I have so far. Thanks for looking!
IMG_8448.jpg
IMG_8443.jpg
IMG_8445.jpg
IMG_8446.jpg

Started making the robin armor from titans the other night. Planning on making it into a vest, similar to the show. The "R" symbol is temporary and am making a more accurate one soon. Not finished and need to do more painting and weathering but thought I'd share what I have so far. Thanks for looking!
View attachment 850575
View attachment 850577
View attachment 850578
View attachment 850579

Dude that looks sooo sick!!! Trying to figure out out to make my own since I’m just getting into cosplay and making armor :D by any chance do you sell the templates or have this one ? Thanks!

Dude that looks sooo sick!!! Trying to figure out out to make my own since I’m just getting into cosplay and making armor :D by any chance do you sell the templates or have this one ? Thanks!
Yeah I was considering just scanning and uploading the templates, so if there's enough interest I will do that on my first post, if not PM me and I'll be sure to get them to you! Thanks for the kind words!!

I tried adding more accuracy to the chest piece by adding some more dimension. I did this by using a wood burner on the back of the chest plates, and filling those crevices with hot glue.
IMG_8458.JPG
I also repainted the grey areas a silver color. Its a little bright for my liking, so when I paint the gold pieces I'll dull it down with a black acrylic wash.
IMG_8461.JPG
IMG_8454.JPG
Will hopefully finish up the torso this weekend, I'm beginning to work on the gold buckles as well as a new "R" symbol for the chest.

IMG_8496 copy.jpg
Darkened silver and began making gold pieces. Was wondering if anyone has suggestions for the undershirt/suit, I'm not needing a 100% accuracy, but I'd like to be close to the show.

robinlogo.jpg
Also am messing around with adobe apps making patterns for the rest of the costume. Want to apply this pattern to parts of the suit, and the cape. Does anyone have any recommendations or tips on how to transfer this pattern to fabric?

How small would a Cricut cut? If you have access to one you could create a template, and use it as a stencil to spray paint the pattern on. I had a friend do something similar to his Captain America pants and it looked great

How small would a Cricut cut? If you have access to one you could create a template, and use it as a stencil to spray paint the pattern on. I had a friend do something similar to his Captain America pants and it looked great
Yeah I was thinking something like that would work best, I'll have to try it out, thanks for the suggestion!

This looks amazing! I spent a good portion of a evening working on templates myself for Jason Todd's robin suit but they are no way as good as this! Keep up the amazing work!

This looks amazing! I spent a good portion of a evening working on templates myself for Jason Todd's robin suit but they are no way as good as this! Keep up the amazing work!
Thanks a lot! I've been looking at Jasons Robin armor quite a bit, and it seems to be mostly the same, except different paint, glossier, and some separation and spacing. I actually began making that armor for my younger brother, need to add more gloss and paint the emblem but so far having fun with it!

IMG_8781.jpg

Thanks a lot! I've been looking at Jasons Robin armor quite a bit, and it seems to be mostly the same, except different paint, glossier, and some separation and spacing. I actually began making that armor for my younger brother, need to add more gloss and paint the emblem but so far having fun with it!

View attachment 942772
It looks amazing too! Finding pictures of Jason's suit has seemed to be the hardest bit for me, I've capped the episode and tried to brighten it up but it's still very hard to see. I'm glad you are having fun with it tho! It's the most important bit :)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back