Tips for working with crepe hair on a latex mask?

CustardBug

I'm attempting to hair this leatherface mask and omg it makes me want to pull my own hair out! It seems impossible to comb without eventually winding up with only a couple of strands in your hand and a ball of hair tangle in the brush! The facial hair wasn't so bad once you straighten it and added a little at a time, but the back of the head will take forever like that. What do people do to hair the back of an entire head? Do you use a wig? I have a wig and it looked goofy just sitting on top of the head.

IMG_20191011_194428.jpg

First off, it helps to straighten the hair. You can do this by unraveling it and soaking it in hot water. Once completely dry, cut into manageable lengths and start glueing to the head starting from the lower back of the neck and moving upwards (overlapping). It will take time to do this. Laying hair is not the easiest thing to do. Once you have the head fully haired, get a stylist to cut/trim it to shape for you.

First off, it helps to straighten the hair. You can do this by unraveling it and soaking it in hot water. Once completely dry, cut into manageable lengths and start glueing to the head starting from the lower back of the neck and moving upwards (overlapping). It will take time to do this. Laying hair is not the easiest thing to do. Once you have the head fully haired, get a stylist to cut/trim it to shape for you.

Thanks for the reply, but I decided to just glue the wig that i had on and it worked out a lot better than i thought it would.

Attachments

• IMG_20191013_194348 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_20191013_194348 - Copy.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 228
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back