Tinkerbell Wings like Disney parks

AJLoCascio

Sr Member
WINGS! This has made me nuts for years:

HOW would one go about making wings in this style? To me it looks like etched "plastic" with some heating and bending.

I hate fairy film + wire to make wings. Trying to avoid that.

Thoughts?

0072848e798b4e375be8517455605186.jpg
tumblr_ne9r48G1dL1sod1nzo1_500.jpg
download (2).png

"

they look like sheets of purspex with grooves cut (routered) in them to make the line designes. And some kind of 'sheen' to make them semi translucent and sparkle.

WINGS! This has made me nuts for years:

HOW would one go about making wings in this style? To me it looks like etched "plastic" with some heating and bending.

I hate fairy film + wire to make wings. Trying to avoid that.

Thoughts?

View attachment 1729791View attachment 1729790View attachment 1729792
"
I would say, to get the most authentic looking results, get some sheets of clear acrylic in a similar thickness. Then have a template drawn up in a useable format for a CNC machine or laser cutter. Then have it meticulously cut using one of those. Once cut out and the lines have been etched or routed out, use a bit of heat to warp them to taste. Then add a dusting of a sheen or a glitter type substance if desired.

I would say, to get the most authentic looking results, get some sheets of clear acrylic in a similar thickness. Then have a template drawn up in a useable format for a CNC machine or laser cutter. Then have it meticulously cut using one of those. Once cut out and the lines have been etched or routed out, use a bit of heat to warp them to taste. Then add a dusting of a sheen or a glitter type substance if desired.
That's what my hunch is. I don't know what kind of plastics to look into or use that is both heat-formable and light enough to not weigh my girlfriend down.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back