Thundercats sword of omens project

Great attention to detail. Im a big fan. Im very interested in getting one. What options are you gonna make available(if any) i.e. painted, not, raw cast, etc. Once again great work and I look forward to the final result.

To answer your question it is yes and no. Juice the other half of lost icons made the sword in 3D max we then milled it out with our CNC machine. The CNC was not set up for fine details like it is now so I had to add a lot of the details to it and finish the sword by hand. Also here is a small update. I did a fast paint job on the prototype just cause.
121y7hs.jpg

OMG - I almost had and 80s-gasm when I saw that picture!! LOL!!

I love the sudden surge in Thundercats items here on the RPF! Between this and the dagger thread, there are going to be some uber happy fans when pricing is available!!!

I'm definitely looking forward to it!!! Outstanding work!!

Wow, now all you need is the Lions Paw gauntlet....This Sword is pretty darn amazing.

I with Monster Dave on the picture, I almost had an 80s-gasm too. Nice collection there. At one time I think I have had or played with most of those figurines. I can't help but here the star trek music seeing that Kirk with the staff and blade on the end...

Is this a hint that you'll also be doing the dagger??
Maybe? We've talked about it several times. So it's a good possibility. We've also talk about doing the claw shield / gauntlet.

What options are you gonna make available(if any) i.e. painted, not, raw cast, etc.
I think what we'll do is make it available in all options so that everyone that wants one can get one.

Once again thanks for all the complements. Also I'm glad that you guys liked my 80's collection. It's been a little goal of mine to get back all the toys that I lost or wanted as a kid. Dave and bjall4jc if you guys like that pic your heads would explode if you saw my whole collection. That picture was only the tip of the iceberg. I have boxes and boxes of stuff that I just can't display because I don't have the space to right now. I can't wait to get started on my new studio but I still have somethings to do before I can get started.

Dave and bjall4jc if you guys like that pic your heads would explode if you saw my whole collection. That picture was only the tip of the iceberg. I have boxes and boxes of stuff that I just can't display because I don't have the space to right now. I can't wait to get started on my new studio but I still have somethings to do before I can get started.

LOL - It reminded me of my Totally Tubular 80's Toys book that's on my shelf! It's a great book - if you don't already have it, I'd recommend checking it out for sure!

Wow. This looks amazing! What was the original carved out of? MDF, foam or wood? Also, did you only carve one half of it on the CNC or do you have a 4 axis mill? I love that you're doing this!

It reminded me of my Totally Tubular 80's Toys book that's on my shelf! It's a great book - if you don't already have it, I'd recommend checking it out for sure!

Thanks for the info Dave. As a matter of fact I don't have it but I'll be looking for it now. Thanks.

Do you want one? :D

The cut was in foam (one side) and we made a 2 peice mold from it. We have a 3-axis machine.

Absolutely I want one! Thanks for the info. The channel in the sword looks a touch wide though compared to some of the reference pics I have. I've always dreamed of CNC cutting the sword of Omens. I'm living vicariously through you! Can. Not. Wait. :)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back