Thundercats sword of omens project

Whats up everyone? Just thought I'd share our new project with you guys.
2upviu9.jpg

3536qh2.jpg

We are currently working on the sword of omens from the original cartoon series thundercats. We hope to have it ready for casting soon. In the time that has pasted sense these photos were taken (about a month ago) We have done some revising work on the swords handle and pommel. Juice has done some amazing 3d molding for this project. We are anxiously waiting for the 3d printing to be done on the handle and pommel so that we can finish the casting. When everything comes together on this project it should be the most accurate version of this sword to date. We have some more pic of the revised work that we'll post later. I hope that you guys like what we've gotten done so far.

Last edited:
Re: thundercats sowrd of omens

Perfect, that's the exact version that i love, a play on the cartoon / old toy one i used to have as a kid - Well done, so far extremely excellent execution!

Re: thundercats sowrd of omens

First off thanks everybody for the nice comments on the sword we've been working really hard on this for months now. It's nice to know that the work is paying off.

Looks amazing, great detail through out the whole sword, what will you be casting this in?

I'm thinking of using Smooth-Cast 325 with an aluminum cold cast so that it can look as real as possible. If that doesn't work we'll use the 320 series and a good metallic paint. If anybody has any ideas I'm open for suggestions.

Oh that is AWESOME. Please let me know if you will be offering these.

That's the plan. We already have half of the molding done for casting were just waiting on some parts to come in like the eye of thundera (that's in 3D) ,a new handle and the new pommel (that looks closer to the cartoon than what we had.) We have some pic of every thing but there on juice's computer so he'll have to post them.

Last edited:
Please forgive me for asking what might be obvious, but were these done off of a computer CAD file and a Rapid Prototyper?

Very cool, I'm extremely excited that a few people are finally working on what for me is one of my Holy Grail swords.

Thanks again.

Please forgive me for asking what might be obvious, but were these done off of a computer CAD file and a Rapid Prototyper?

To answer your question it is yes and no. Juice the other half of lost icons made the sword in 3D max we then milled it out with our CNC machine. The CNC was not set up for fine details like it is now so I had to add a lot of the details to it and finish the sword by hand. Also here is a small update. I did a fast paint job on the prototype just cause.
121y7hs.jpg

Last edited:
This is one of my all time favorite swords and you've done a great job bring it to life in the real world. :love

I'll be following this build with great interest ... I already have the perfect spot picked out to hang this bad boy :cool

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back