Thulsa Doom Helmet help?

Themonarch

so the next project i'm using to put off finishing my Boba Fett helmet is Thulsa Doom's helmet from Conan... my issue is it doesn't have much screen time... i think i've collected as much reference as i could but as this is my biggest project to date i haven't even started and i can already tell im waaaay out of my depth here. Does anyone have any tips on how i should start going about this.. maybe where the original one is, or if you've got good high res turnarounds (theres only one low res shot of the back) my biggest problem is sizing... i'm really bad at gauging size by looking at something. also i hope to start asap, so hopefully this will be my build journal if it doesn't become kill super quick...
doomhelmet3333v.jpg

(side note... WHY HAS NO ONE MADE THIS BEFORE?! i've seen like 2 different people talk about building one but thats it)

Wishing you all the luck in the world on this one and as you noted, WHY IN HELL HAS ANYONE NEVER TACKLED THIS ONE BEFORE? :lol

Well, I suppose the first question would be- Is this supposed to be screen accurate or something scaled to fit your head? If you're going for screen, then I'm not sure, having no idea how tall/broad James Earl Jones was at that point. If it's scaled for your head, then you just need to start by taking some measurements of your own head and scale the helmet to fit that. Once you have those, I would begin by making/finding the Dome. Would be best to start there and build the rest of the helmet off of that.

Will also share this in case you don't have it:
Conan-ThusaDoomHelmet1.jpg

Original Production drawing of the Helmet. The design changed a bit from design to prop, the upper "Crown" ridge is missing as are the circular indentations on the dome, but I think it's pretty accurate.

i'm thinking i'm gonna scale it for my head... simply because whats the point of making a helmet if you cant wear it while watching tv, or mowing the lawn... i also did not have that pic and its beautiful. i already went out and got some large sheets of card stock paper and this weekend i'm gonna start taking measurements and building it in paper (at least a basic shape) before moving on to foam mats for the final product.

Hi all.
I am thinking of selling my Thulsa Doom helmet from The Bronze Armory, and trying to figure out a price, so figured will ask here for some input, if anyone can help with it.

4994d1e8b6da6a10e1f8fa4fbbc02572.image.737x550.jpg

IMG_6847.JPEG

IMG_6856.JPEG

IMG_6863.JPEG

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back