throwingchicken arc reactor kit led help

Chris27989

Sr Member
Hi Guys
Started building my arc reactor kit from TC's kit and have sadly burnt out all the LEDs..
I know they are 5mm led in super white and was wondering would these replacements fit the arc reactor ring?

Lesson learnt this time I will add a resistor. If they are in parallel for 11 resistors I need 330 ohm resistors for 9v battery and these LED forward voltage and current

10 LEDs - 5mm LED White High Brightness UK | eBay

if not can anyone recommend a good replacement in the UK?

Thanks Chris

Yeah, his original kit used 5mm but after he shrunk everything down to fit the Proof ring he switched to 3mm. I blew a couple of the LEDs when I first started working on it, and just ordered a bulk order of eBay for a couple dollars

yeh ive just done the same about £2.00 ($5 roughly) inc postage for 20.. I was using a too high voltage (9v) without resistors but TC said to use only AA batteries in a PM so Ill try that. But have the resistors if I want to use it at 9v

That is why I thought it was 5mm damn I order some of them too I have 20 5mm and 20 3mm but Ill find a use for the 5mm I'm sure maybe a future hand repulstor for the flight stabilizer :)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back