Those who know Lovecraft...

gobler

Sr Member
I am working on some personal props and need help. I am attempting to create a tome that's about 200 pages with lots of horrible illustrations and what not but the problem is drawing 50 + bizarre thingsÂ…IÂ’m ok but kind of slow in my drawing so I am asking if any one here knows of good images that I can use? This prop is for me and I do not intend on selling it. I have seen some very good tomes on ebay but right now $100+ is a little steep so I am creating my own. Any links or even drawings done by the talented folks here would be welcome. :D

Check out Wayne Barlowe's site....

Wayne Barlowe

Wayne is best known for his book Barlowe's Guide to ExtraTerrestrials but his new paintings of a tour of Hell is truly terrifying. The stuff is so intense and original, the mind has trouble wrapping around it.

If you're trying to put something similar to a Necronomicon together, try Apocalypse productions (Mike Haspil produced the definitive book prop - his 9 Gates has never been surpassed). The text, fonts, and even the woodcuts are available there.

Another good site would be the H.P. Lovecraft Historical society; they have many paper props available.

Big thanks to the great responces. As for the H.P.L.H.S. I've been a fan for years and own the font/prop cd they made as well as the movies. Gret stuff over there and a talented bunch.

<div class='quotetop'>(Lanboy @ Jun 1 2006, 04:48 AM) [snapback]1254131[/snapback]</div>
If you're trying to put something similar to a Necronomicon together, try Apocalypse productions (Mike Haspil produced the definitive book prop - his 9 Gates has never been surpassed). The text, fonts, and even the woodcuts are available there.
[/b]

I've tried a search on the net but could not find Apocalypse productions. Is there a link you know of? Or perhaps a key word to help me find it?

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back