Things you're tired of seeing in movies

tired of movies and TV where little kids have major roles and are just as or more powerful than adults. sick of it. Wesley Crusher on steroids
or when they are smarter than all the adults around them - only because the adults were written as idiots.
or when the kid's intuition is naturally more meaningful than an adult's rational judgement - e.g. the kid stepping out alone to greet the rabid monster who just ate 30 people so it will see that the kid means no harm and will calm down. It's that kind of magical thinking that created folks like Timothy Treadwell R.I.P.

Last edited:
or when they are smarter than all the adults around them - only because they wrote the adults as idiots.
or when the kid's intuition is naturally more meaningful than an adult's rational judgement - e.g. the kid stepping out alone to greet the rabid monster who just ate 30 people so it will see that the kid means no harm and will calm down. It's that kind of magical thinking that created folks like Timothy Treadwell R.I.P.
Agreed on all counts.

They probably never spent much time (if any) with any real children. As for Timothy Treadwell: the way he and his girlfriend died was just horrific. The tragedy in it was that it didn't have to happen; the society we live in today protects people too much from the natural consequences of bad decisions; up until recent times, kids learned the hard way how things did (and did not work). I suspect with many of the writers now, they suffer the same issues, and don't know how things really work.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back