Thermal Detonator Sound Needed

Hahahaha, to this day, this is still my ringtone. I copy the file to every new phone I get!

Gonna do a build thread? I’m in the middle of a build and I’m slightly struggling with the electronics portion. Ugh!

Hey xl97! When I get home I’ll post the parts and a diagram of what I was working from. It was pretty much this though from what I remember: andrino + andrino SD card reader + some crappy, little speaker. Sound was really low so I think I needed a transistor (BC546B). I haven’t tried it with the transistor yet. Afraid that isn’t the issue!

I could never wrap my brain around how to mount a trigger into the Detonator sliding button either.

Hey xl97! When I get home I’ll post the parts and a diagram of what I was working from. It was pretty much this though from what I remember: andrino + andrino SD card reader + some crappy, little speaker. Sound was really low so I think I needed a transistor (BC546B). I haven’t tried it with the transistor yet. Afraid that isn’t the issue!

I could never wrap my brain around how to mount a trigger into the Detonator sliding button either.

I'm using an adafruit sound board for my build to avoid all the arduino foolishness.

You can use a DFPlayer mini module for roughly $3.00 instead if you want to save money.

This can also be used in conjunction with 'Arduino foolishness' (eye roll).. and standalone.

But if you want to spend more on 'Adafruit foolishness', than have at it.

baptizer

Maybe no amp is why volume is so low?

If you need/want more simple triggered audio clip playback, then you will need to use an Arduio (Pro-mini or even a Nano should fit without problems, and the code is the same)

Sorry; not to be dismissive of arduinos they are great bits of kit, I'm just not a coder so I like how you can just name your audio files with the adafruit and away you go.

No problems! :)

They are great... and open a whole new world for props..

Anywho...

I'll concede that the Adafruit board is better in that respect (file naming).. as the DFPlayer is a bit quirky in that respect.. but nothing ANYONE cant understand or work with.. and for $3.00 USD.. they are nice modules to add audio. (and very small as well)..

Other than that.. you can still use it standalone (like the Adafruit board) or with a micro controller.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back