The14thDr's Star-Lord Props (WIP)

The14thDr

Sr Member
So with all the Star-Lord builds flying round the forum lately, I've decided to put my other projects on the back-burner for a while and try my hand at some Guardians of the Galaxy props. I'll keep this post as a sort of "master page" for photos of my completed props and links to the full posts, just to make it easier for people to navigate the thread. I'm planning to build the Star-Lord helmet and the Sony Walkman, but I may add to this list as my confidence grows, as right now I don't have the courage to attempt a pair of blasters or rocket boots.

Star-Lord Helmet --
  • Date Started: 2nd February 2015
  • Date Completed: N/A

Sony Walkman TPS-L2 --

• Date Started: N/A
  • Date Completed: N/A

------ The14thDr ------

Update time! Over the past two days I've been working hard to get the main shape of the helmet together, and so far I'm very pleased with the results (even if I do say so myself). I'm using the templates from Dali Lomo's blog and the main construction material is cereal card. As you can see I've got the front, back and sides assembled, and all the little details (such as eyes, pipes, etc.) will be added at the end.
star_lord_front.JPG
star_lord_back.JPG

I know that my construction methods don't seem as professional as some of the other builds of this type, but hopefully I can still turn out a decent prop. Let me know what you think of my attempts so far below, and if you have any questions I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible.
------ The14thDr ------

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back