The Wand Company to reissue their Star Trek communicator?

Yeah I usually buy multiple too, most of my WC comms have been hero modded so having multiple of those was a given hehe. I'm working on a B&W build as I don't have that version phaser ATM... taking a while though because I work a lot.
have you taken the phaser apart? any videos or pictures? I have one that has a broker Brass connector pin that I'd like to try and fix, the way it is it doesn't work at all and just one pin is broken.

have you taken the phaser apart? any videos or pictures? I have one that has a broker Brass connector pin that I'd like to try and fix, the way it is it doesn't work at all and just one pin is broken.
I haven't taken any wand phasers apart yet, I do have one that I want to take apart because the vibrating motor is knackered and makes that loud horrible noise when you fire it so I want to hero it up. I think what's put me off taking it apart is how hard it is to open the P1 without the risk of damaging anything beyond repair, I also have a master replicas spare that I want to work on at some stage. Someone made a rebuild of the wand phaser using a different power source/battery, perhaps that would help your problem with the pins. I think it was on here but may take some searching.

watch the video on this page for some of the new voice clips

Not too fussed on some of these clips, the idea that you.. the user were talking to other crew members was great but now we have spock with "beam us up Mr Scott" which takes away any kind of personal interaction and makes it more like a DS toy voice clip. That's put a dampener on it for me and I don't think I want to bother, shame.

Not too fussed on some of these clips, the idea that you.. the user were talking to other crew members was great but now we have spock with "beam us up Mr Scott" which takes away any kind of personal interaction and makes it more like a DS toy voice clip. That's put a dampener on it for me and I don't think I want to bother, shame.
Yes I gave one to my friend as a gift and when I demo'd it for him I had mock conversation he was pretty impressed, and oh what fun I would have had with these as a kid!

"Kirk to Enterprise"
"Enterprise Bridge, LT Uhura"

"Uhra, patch me through to Starfleet Command"
"Yes Sir"
"Captain Kirk message from starfleet command, top priority"

"I'll take it in my quarters"
"to captain uss enterprise starfleet sector 9 inauguration ceremonies on. altair 6 have been advanced 7 solar days, your ordered to alter your flight plan as filed to accommodate, order of Commak, Admiral starfleet command."

"understood, Kirk out"

"Kirk to Sulu"
"yes Captain"

"go on secure channel"
"what is you situation?"

"Plot a course for Altair 6 warp factor 8!"
"Aye sir!"

"Kirk to engineering!"
"scottie here captain"

"We need warp speed now!"
"i'll do what I can sir!"

"Kirk to Spock!"
"Enterprise, Spock here"

"Spock, scan subspace frequencies for interference!"
"Affirmative Captain, enterprise out"

"Kirk to MCcoy"
"MCcoy here"

"you got the stuff?" Bring a bottle to my Cabin"
"Received and understood"

Last edited:
PicasoX - that conversation is brilliant. I love the ending especially. :)
Oh you like that?

"Kirk to MCcoy"
"MCcoy here"

"you got the stuff?" Bring a bottle to my Cabin"
"Received and understood"

---------------------------------------------------------
Later on,

"Kirk to Spock"
"Enterprise, Spock here"

Kirk - "spock , send us two well endowed blonds to my cabin!"

Spock - "Uh, please repeat Captain. I didn't receive that"

MCcoy Yells - "fair haired females spock! with Large Mammaries!"

Spcok- "Affirmative Captain, Enterprise out"

Got it today. Like the secret Kirk bit on the old one, there is a secret Captain Pike bit. I found the jogging up on the right button a bit stiff than the old ones. Works but a little awkward to not feel a solid click like the other directions. Antenna is a bit different color than the old ones. Or my old ones have aged. Someone said the moire spins a little longer. I haven't checked though.

Just got mine a little while ago. It does seem a bit different from the originals in that the moire looks slightly different or just positioned differently.

Got mine today too, no shipping notification or anything. Kind of fun to get a surprise like that but I would prefer notifications when a $200 package is on the way.

The antenna and the speaker grill are a slightly darker, like a more antique brass looking finish, where as the old ones looked more like bright shiny gold.

The moiré on mine looks like its ticking, like the old stopwatch models, there is almost a slight pause every half second or so, don't know if it's supposed to be that way or not. (Seems to be running a little smoother after a full charge on the battery and letting it run a while)

Also, the lid opening and buttons are all very tight, in a good quality way, not like the manufacturing is less polished or anything like that.

I really think they could have done a much better job with the actors voice files, the old ones do make it seem more like you are captain Kirk and the crew are responding to you on the com, the new phrases are not as good, in my opinion. Some of them don't even seem like real coms chatter, just quotes from the show. Also, there is something a little off with the Ururah clip "Enterprise, Lt Uhura here, its a bad recording, almost like its not her real voice but a voice over with a stand in, definitely not the same quality as the other actor voice clips.

If this was the first Wand Com I had received, I'd say this is the absolute best! version of the communicator replica available for all time, (and I do have just about every good com replica that has ever existed, all the best at least) but since I have 2 of the older Wand Coms, I'd still say they are still better, solely because of the voice clips.

That being said, I still think $300 - $400 on ebay for an old one is a justifiable deal, they are better.

If you follow the production of the Master Replicas Communicator, down to the the Vegas Experience, down to the 1st Art Asylum version with the metal grid, all the way down to the Diamond select with the Plastic antenna version, they were all the same communicator degraded in quality over and over, until it was just crap like a fisher price toy, the oldest version was the best. Every time that chinese factory resold it, it got worse and worse and holy crap they made a killing in that worm hole that was left open by Master Replicas, and they never cleaned up their mess.

Obviously Wand has controls in place to avoid a repeat of that $#it show, or we would already be swimming in it.

Attachments

• c1.jpg
    c1.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 126
  • c2.jpg
    c2.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 171
  • c3.jpg
    c3.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Got it today. Like the secret Kirk bit on the old one, there is a secret Captain Pike bit. I found the jogging up on the right button a bit stiff than the old ones. Works but a little awkward to not feel a solid click like the other directions. Antenna is a bit different color than the old ones. Or my old ones have aged. Someone said the moire spins a little longer. I haven't checked though.
how do you get to these secret bits?

Old Communicator Phrases

Kirk
None

Spock
1. Enterprise, Spock here
2. Affirmative Captain, Enterprise Out
3. Can you give us your present location Captain
4. uh, please repeat Captain, I didn't receive that

McCoy
1. McCoy here
2. Received and Understood

Scotty
1. Scotty here Captain
2. I'll do what I can sir

Suu
1. Yes Captain
2. Aye Sir
3. What is your situation?

Uhura
1. Enterprise Bridge Lt Uhura
2. Yes Sir
3. Captain Kirk Message from Star Fleet Command, Top Priority

Admiral Commack
1. To Captain USS Enterprise, star fleet sector 9, ......

Sounds
1. Trigger a delayed hail sound, giving you time to close the communicator and put it down before getting the hail
2. static noises
3. tricorder scanning noise

New communicator Phrases

Kirk

1. This is the Captain Speaking
2. we'll be with you in a moment, Enterprise out
2. Stand by for regular contact, Kirk out

Spock
1. Beam us up Mr Scott
2. Spock here, Status of your landing party?
3. Live Long and Prosper
4. curious, most illogical

Sulu
1. Captain, this is Sulu, we read you
2. We have volunteers standing by to beam down

McCoy
1. I'm a Dr., not an engineer
2. Are you out of your Vulcan mind?
3. Look, I'm a Dr. ! Not and Escalator!
4. I'm not a magician Spock, just and old country Dr.

Scotty
1. I can't change the laws of physics
2. I'm sorry sir, thats about the best I can do, but I guarantee its not good enough

Uhura
1. Enterprise, Lt Uhura here
2. everything is quiet sir

Sounds
1. play hail sound, (no delay)
2. Trigger a delayed hail sound, giving you time to close the communicator and put it down before getting the hail

Last edited:
It would be a real shame to not re-issue the phaser in some capacity once the tricorder is released since you can once again get the communicator. I would think there would be enough demand for a "exploration set" available all at the same time?

AND make the new phaser so you can change the battery out. Eventually all existing wand phasers out there will fail when the Lion battery refuses to charge any more. They should also make a stand alone P1 with a changeable battery that works with the old phaser. I('m not saying that I don't like my wand phasers to be worth $700 now, but I would like a way to keep them working indefinitely if possible. It seems like it shouldn't be that much more work, they already have the designing done and the molds to make more, they sure whipped out the new communicators in what seemed no time at all. Maybe another limited run would be acceptable if they slightly redesigned phaser to fix the inevitable flaw that limits their life span.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back