The Walking Dead finally ends with Season 11

RedheadKevin thats the kind of stuff I wanted to see long ago from TWD. We’re good at creating systems and moving on through issues, would have liked to see these survivors actually start adapting to this new world. And not in a “the world is broken so we’re all insane” way like they’ve done before.

I have decided I will watch this World Beyond until the end. It seems I enjoy the feeling of my teeth being pulled and having pins stuck in my eyeballs. Besides, a weekly poisoning helps build character.

This last episode we were subjected to--wait for it--a puppet show!!! Complete with whiney millennial music overlaid on top!!

What else can you ask for?
Can you please come back here and let us know if anything big happens that ties in with TWD on that awful show? Thanks

About all they are giving us is little after-credits tagline scenes. This one kind of explains what "A" and "Bs" are. Well, kind of...maybe not really.
Certainly not worth watching the whole show for. Just hunt them on Youtube.

Checked out when Glen actually died. The show stopped being even relatively fun.
Out.

Am surprised it's lasted as long as it has.
Also stopped watching when Glen died, I don't know why of all things, they have considered choosing that awful scenario of how to kill Glen. It's just too much.

I will say this, I have watched since day one and will finish the show all the way through, but tonight’s episode “Diverged” S.10 Ep.21 was in my opinion, the worst episode in the history of the show and following a super boring episode last week, maybe this show needs to end.
I challenge anybody to give me a worse episode than tonight’s, which features at least two main characters all the way through and still is borderline unwatchable. It’s season 10 and there’s a lot of episodes to go through, but this is an open invitation to all my TWD fans, Who can give me a worse episode in TWD history?

The first two seasons were done very well. I loved the CDC episode and the season 1 finale. Like others they lost me early on when they started repeating the formula and making the characters vacant. Very happy I didn't continue as from what I heard it just got worse.

The first two seasons were done very well. I loved the CDC episode and the season 1 finale. Like others they lost me early on when they started repeating the formula and making the characters vacant. Very happy I didn't continue as from what I heard it just got worse.

It's why I made it through three seasons and gave up on the first episode of the fourth. It just wasn't that good and every character sucked and I wanted them to die.

Yeah, that last episode was tough to watch. Literally half the episode was just Carol chasing a rat through her house........and I can't even remember what the other half was.

Oh yeah, Daryl spent the other half looking for a gas line for his motorcycle. How EXCITING!!!

While the original show is pretty awful these days, Fear has gotten really good. The last 15 minutes of the new episode was IMHO some of the best the franchise has ever offered. It has been a long time since a show has gotten me jumping off the couch screaming "NOOOOOOOO!" My jaw hit the floor on that one!

My wife and I signed up for AMC+ a couple of weeks ago, because the wait to see season 10 has seemed interminable. We blew through the season in a little over a week and a half. I maintain it is quite enjoyable -- brisk, even -- when you watch one to four episodes a day.

While the "bonus" episodes at the tail end of the season showed their roots as having been produced during the pandemic, I think they were pretty effective at hiding it. I knew that had happened, so I was looking for the evidence. My wife did not know their origin, and she didn't notice how few characters we actually saw in those episodes (good use of sound effects, in my opinion, to make it feel as if there was more than a single extra in the background during the Alexandria scenes), nor did she realize the actress playing Kumiko wasn't even available in person in the one episode the character appeared, being represented by a body double and the actress' voice). And I was glad to finally get backstory for Negan. I really like redemption arcs for characters. I truly don't believe anyone is beyond redemption, even though I understand that it may make sense that the other characters might not agree. If I were there in that world, I could understand why Maggie might never want anything to do with Negan, but I really wonder if she thinks killing him would actually make her -- or anyone else -- feel any better.

After having finished season 10, we realized that season five of Fear The Walking Dead is now on Hulu, so we jumped over to that.

SSB

While the original show is pretty awful these days, Fear has gotten really good. The last 15 minutes of the new episode was IMHO some of the best the franchise has ever offered. It has been a long time since a show has gotten me jumping off the couch screaming "NOOOOOOOO!" My jaw hit the floor on that one!
I love the general direction that Fear is going with the exception to their constant decision to kill off the best characters. The show would be so much better if they didn’t, don’t know why they feel the need to do so.

I caught about 10 minutes of that last Fear episode and I was shocked at how it's basically a weird zombie western, which I'm totally into so maybe I'll have to watch now,

I stopped caring about the show, but held out some hope on the comics...but then I got the 2nd or 3rd compendium, and it was pretty lame. They relied way too much on splash pages, which inflate the page count but actually don't add a ton to the story. And the story itself just went kinda bonkers.

I think the initial interesting concept -- surviving in the immediate aftermath of a zombie apocalypse -- gradually just...wasn't sustainable. It wasn't interesting. I mean, they took it in logical directions -- different societies would spring up, different political structures, many of them based on rule through force, etc. -- but that also moved away from the zombies being the real threat. And to juice things, they added stuff like a dude with a ****ing pet tiger because, yeah, sure, that's what you do. Of course there'd be pet tigers. Naturally.

I don't think there's really a better way to tell the story they were telling in the broad strokes, it's just that it stopped really being interesting. Maybe that was the characters, maybe that's the concept. The thrill of post-apocalyptic settings is more the contrast it shows with society, not the gradual process of rebuilding. I mean, it stops being post-apocalyptic and basically becomes "Swiss Family Robinson with Zombies."

I stopped caring about the show, but held out some hope on the comics...but then I got the 2nd or 3rd compendium, and it was pretty lame. They relied way too much on splash pages, which inflate the page count but actually don't add a ton to the story. And the story itself just went kinda bonkers.
I don't remember how far I got in the comics. I was getting them in graphic novel form, I loaned them to a friend at work and I don't know that I bothered to get them back.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back