The Walking Dead finally ends with Season 11

I think your prayer has a chance.
With the dwindling popularity of the show I doubt they'll invest in Grimes movies. I havent heard anything of them going into production. I could see them bringing him back for a couple of cameos as they know its the final season.
I do think they will have him make a small cameo, but what I am talking about is having him come back for the better part of the season or at-least a couple dedicated episodes for him. The writers aren’t dumb, they know Rick is TWD and would be stupid not to “cash in” on his return.

Last edited:
I do think they will have him make a small cameo, but what I am talking about is having him come back for the better part of the season or at-least a couple dedicated episodes for him. The writers aren’t dumb, they know Rick is TWD and would be stupid to not to “cash in” on his return.
You may be out of luck with most of the season. It will probably be an episode or 2.
But I share your hope, that would be cool.

100% guarantee the Daryl/Carol spin off series is a fake out.

Why? Well, if you announce the show is ending, but there will be a spin off series with three of the main stars, you have essentially plot armored those characters. You already know those three will survive, so why worry about them in the upcoming show?

The comic creator Robert Kirkman is notorious for using one of the biggest ever fake outs for the comic series (basically claiming the series would reach a specific number of issues before finishing, publishing covers previews for the four upcoming months and then ending the series the very next issue) so he's got form in this area. I fully expect him to wipe out everyone and show a flash forward of civilization rebuilding and happy.

However as a counter argument to what I've just written, the TV series writers are complete idiots and use terrible fake outs all the time, so will probably do the spin off with Daryl and Carol, because they are awful hacks.

WHURRRS KURRRL?!!!

I quit the show when Glen "died" underneath a dumpster. I had already been losing interest, but it became clear to me at that point that the writers of the show were...not up to the challenge and had fallen back on cheap audience manipulation instead.

I bailed on the comics after reading the 2nd compendium. It struck me that less happened in those issues, and they were more interested in splash pages than actual content.

I built a lot of the props for s10. But i haven't watched the show since the introduction of negan. I was already growing tired of the show. Negan was trash and turning rick into a crying little nancy lad was hard to watch. And for you guys that are hoping rick comes back well.... do you even know why he left. I doubt you will see him back. Its time the show dies.it was a fun idea that dragged on too long. And the spin offs are not that good imo.

Eh ... my wife and I still enjoy it (and as with opinions here on many TV shows and movies, we often wonder what version of TWD you guys are watching that is such an abomination). But we didn't start watching until just after the ninth season was added to Netflix, and we tended to watch 2-4 episodes a day. All the things that seem so long and drawn-out on a cable TV series (with a gap between halves of a season and possibly breaks between new episodes) don't strike us that way when viewed in fairly rapid succession. We watched the first nine seasons, then watched the extant seasons of Fear the Walking Dead. Now we are just waiting for the latest seasons to make it to the respective streaming services.

SSB

That is true. TWD works much better as a binge watch. When I first discovered the show, it had just ended season 7, I think. I binge watched everything right up until Negan killed Glen and Abraham. Then as the new season started I watched it week to week and absolutely hated those two seasons with Negan. It was so long and drawn out!

Skip to about a year ago, I started over and did another binge watch from the beginning. Those two seasons of Negan were no where near as frustrating when watched all back to back. Remember those two season only take up a couple of months in-universe. Dragging that out into two years is awful to watch. But, do it in a weekend and it ain't so bad.

Last edited:
I gave up on the show once Negan was introduced. I was fed up with all the repetition and character drama since it was more about that than the actual zombies. I was hoping it would get better, but I simply lost interest and moved on to other shows.

Negan bashing people's heads in with a bat was too much for me. I pushed through a few more episodes, between the neighborhood, and later into the HillTop or whatever, and that King guy. The props were getting sloppy and clearly fake. The writing was getting poor, and the situation was getting ridiculous.

Granted, a post apocalyptic world is going to have people coming together in settlements, and establishing trade, and possibly having some conflict with each other... As we've seen in Fallout video games, or Mad Max movies. But The Walking Dead really lost it's way and I slowly lost interest. I haven't seen it in years, and didn't even know that it was still on. There's still a demand for zombie movies and TV shows, and The Walking Dead could have continued for years, but they got lazy and sloppy and didn't put nearly the effort into it as they did in the first few seasons.

Negan bashing people's heads in with a bat was too much for me. I pushed through a few more episodes, between the neighborhood, and later into the HillTop or whatever, and that King guy. The props were getting sloppy and clearly fake. The writing was getting poor, and the situation was getting ridiculous.

Granted, a post apocalyptic world is going to have people coming together in settlements, and establishing trade, and possibly having some conflict with each other... As we've seen in Fallout video games, or Mad Max movies. But The Walking Dead really lost it's way and I slowly lost interest. I haven't seen it in years, and didn't even know that it was still on. There's still a demand for zombie movies and TV shows, and The Walking Dead could have continued for years, but they got lazy and sloppy and didn't put nearly the effort into it as they did in the first few seasons.

I kinda found this period to be similarly uninteresting in the comics. For me, it was the combination of the threats all continuing to feel the same, or where they were different, were just kind of....meh. The internal discord stuff also wasn't interesting. It just felt like more of a slog.

Eh ... my wife and I still enjoy it (and as with opinions here on many TV shows and movies, we often wonder what version of TWD you guys are watching that is such an abomination). But we didn't start watching until just after the ninth season was added to Netflix, and we tended to watch 2-4 episodes a day. All the things that seem so long and drawn-out on a cable TV series (with a gap between halves of a season and possibly breaks between new episodes) don't strike us that way when viewed in fairly rapid succession. We watched the first nine seasons, then watched the extant seasons of Fear the Walking Dead. Now we are just waiting for the latest seasons to make it to the respective streaming services.

SSB

That is true. TWD works much better as a binge watch. When I first discovered the show, it had just ended season 7, I think. I binge watched everything right up until Negan killed Glen and Abraham. Then as the new season started I watched it week to week and absolutely hated those two seasons with Negan. It was so long and drawn out!

Skip to about a year ago, I started over and did another binge watch from the beginning. Those two seasons of Negan were no where near as frustrating when watched all back to back. Remember those two season only take up a couple of months in-universe. Dragging that out into two years is awful to watch. But, do it in a weekend and it ain't so bad.

There's no question that a LOT of shows benefit from the binge model that would be bloody unbearable as a week-to-week affair. It alters people's perception of how long stuff is taking to happen if you can just skip to the next episode and then fast forward through the boring bits.

In my case, I found How I Met Your Mother to be terrific when I was binging it, and then somewhere between so-so and ****ing terrible when I was watching it week-to-week.

Week-to-week tends to emphasize all of the treading water because you're waiting a week for an episode.....and then the episode just does the same crap you're already sick of.

I don't mean to hijack, but I used to work nights & missed the first 3 seasons LOST as it aired, so I caught us when the box sets would be released. When I transferred shifts, I was able to watch the last 3 live, & it took a while to get used to it.
After I did, though, I really enjoyed the week to week discussion with fans about speculations that I had missed out on during those first 3 years.

I'm about 2 seasons behind on TWD, so I may just wait till everything is done & finish it up then. Thanks for the sharing of your experiences with it.

Anybody watching this whiney, PC, mopey dopey, dumpster fire that is World Beyond? Oh God, it is sooooooo bad!! Absolutely horrible. I've only been giving it a chance because it is supposed to tie in with the helicopter people, but I don't know if I can stomach much more of this crap.

This show makes Stargirl look like Shakespeare.

Anybody watching this whiney, PC, mopey dopey, dumpster fire that is World Beyond? Oh God, it is sooooooo bad!! Absolutely horrible. I've only been giving it a chance because it is supposed to tie in with the helicopter people, but I don't know if I can stomach much more of this crap.

This show makes Stargirl look like Shakespeare.
I’ve been with TWD and FTWD since day 1, but have not and will not ever watch a single episode of this show. The premise alone is idiotic, I don’t know who the target audience is for this show.

I’m interested in the broad strokes of the show because it’s kind of similar to the future laid out by the comics, but I don’t need to see teenagers make dumb decisions in the dumb decision based world of TWD.

I have decided I will watch this World Beyond until the end. It seems I enjoy the feeling of my teeth being pulled and having pins stuck in my eyeballs. Besides, a weekly poisoning helps build character.

This last episode we were subjected to--wait for it--a puppet show!!! Complete with whiney millennial music overlaid on top!!

What else can you ask for?

WHURRRS KURRRL?!!!

I quit the show when Glen "died" underneath a dumpster. I had already been losing interest, but it became clear to me at that point that the writers of the show were...not up to the challenge and had fallen back on cheap audience manipulation instead.

I bailed on the comics after reading the 2nd compendium. It struck me that less happened in those issues, and they were more interested in splash pages than actual content.

I stopped watching TWD after the first episode of the fourth season when I realized I didn't give a damn about any of the characters, nor did I care if any of them lived or died. I had a ton of the compendiums of the comics, then I loaned them to someone at work and they took off with them. I really stopped caring after that.

I began with the tv show. Later on someone loaned some of the comics to read. Couldn't get into them. But that's not the comics fault, it was just too different from what I had come to know.

I pretty much gave up after Glenn died. Actually, it was after the dumb@$$ fakeout on the season finale right before that, where you didn't know who got bonked for a year. I watched the season premiere to see who got bonked, and I was pretty much out.
I'm expecting Rick to show up in the last episode, likely in a mask for the Big Reveal, to save the crew. I had an idea where the final episode would be narrated by an adult/elderly Judith, explaining how the outbreak played out and eventually ended. (My idea was that babies who were born infected didn't turn into zombies, so the virus burned itself out. OR, that stabbing the freshly-dead in the head became a common practice like embalming, so they could stop most new zombies before they turned.)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back