The Walking Dead Comic Thread

MooCriket

Master Member
I think there is enough of us that follow the comic to get a discussion thread going:)

wd_01_cov.jpg

Cool beans. So, what to discuss first for the comics? Me, I've only read up to Volume 3, which consists the discovery of the prison, just prior to the introduction of Michonne (however, I have done some minor spoiler reading about her and some minor things).

I read issue 100. They offed Glen...Weird

All characters are running on borrowed time. And there's no such thing as a happily ever after, just "happily until...". The world of The Walking Dead isn't forgiving, good guys and bad guys can bite the dust, doesn't matter if they're a prominent character or not. That's just how it is.

All characters are running on borrowed time. And there's no such thing as a happily ever after, just "happily until...". The world of The Walking Dead isn't forgiving, good guys and bad guys can bite the dust, doesn't matter if they're a prominent character or not. That's just how it is.

Yeah.. I guess you get used to them ..Like them and then.. BOOM....Game over man

Yeah. I grew attached to many characters in the comic, hopefully Kirkman will be a little more merciful with his treatment of characters in the series.

What I read and saw in issue 100 really turned my stomach a bit.

Anyway, back to issue one. Was Shane really such a bad guy? Thoughts? I'm not talking about TV Shane mind you.

Yeah. I grew attached to many characters in the comic, hopefully Kirkman will be a little more merciful with his treatment of characters in the series.

What I read and saw in issue 100 really turned my stomach a bit.

Anyway, back to issue one. Was Shane really such a bad guy? Thoughts? I'm not talking about TV Shane mind you.

I don't think he started bad..I think he wanted what everyone wanted..Someone to love and care for..When rick died he saw this as a sign that it might happen for him.I think his life prior to the out break was one where he wasn't having a lot of luck with the ladies.But when Rick came back I think he lost it thinking that he lost Lori back to Rick..Shane loved...But he loved too much to let go and move on

I agree and the way Rick came back, pretty much already setting himself up as leader when up to the point Shane had been doing a decent job of protecting everyone.

It's clear Kirkman is just pulling a Joss at this point. As soon as any character starts exhibiting any happiness, he kills them. Glen was happy about the upcoming baby and moving to Hilltop, so, off him.

Yes, sadly it is true. I really don't think any character is safe. That was just brutal though. All he did was keep saying Maggie. Brutal.

Love the feeling when a new issue drops. I still enjoy reading issues late at night. Really looking forward to issue 101 on August 15th.

The Walking Dead Compendium 2 is coming out Oct 16, 2 days after season 3 starts you can pre-order it now,I can't wait, anyone else plan on getting it?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back