The Turbocycle from Galactica 1980 (that's right, GALACTICA 1980!)

Ill start the guessing game off with.....Honda MB5 as the basic bike. Awesome build. This bike and the Mega Bike from Mega Force are two child hood favorites. Cheesy but lovable.

The turbocycles were actually built on Yamaha dirkbikes- not sure what the Mega Force bikes were built on; at first glance, it looks like a dirtbike too (knobby wheels).

M

The Megaforce Bikes are more than likely something off the shelf with relatively minimal modifications compared to the Land Probe since they had to do practical stunts with them (wheelies, jumps, flip over crashes). I would also be curious to see what they used. I don't know if a kit was ever done of the Mega Cycles, but one of the Japanese firms did the Mega Cruiser in kit form in about 1/24 scale. I've only ever seen ONE of those in person.

BTW, the Land Probe turned out GREAT! That is one of my three favorite bikes from that era (the other two being the MegaForce cycle and Streethawk, of which one of the stunt bikes is now owned by one of the original stunt riders from the show).

Well, from the pictures you provided, the bike looks to be in relatively good shape. Thanks for the link to the other thread and the pictures of the bike.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back