The successor to the PKD (LAPD 2019)

Using the MP5K body as a guide, I modified the size and function of a few parts to match. Eventually I intend to build a blank firing version of the pistol for use on the film and would love to use an mp5k clone as a basis for the firing prop.

Currently my thinking on the magazine is to use a G3 shorty/ PSG1 mag with the insides hollowed out and mate it to the part of the MP5 magazine that is inserted into the lower receiver.
Of course, when it comes to the practical props, I might end up having to go a different route entirely but luckily, I have a few friends over at Bapty's and the venerable Mr Atherton over at Zorg to bother when that times comes :)
(If you're reading this Simon, I apologize in advance for the many phone calls to come!)

IMG_4035.jpg
IMG_4036.jpg

Last edited:
After much unscrewing and tinkering, here are the parts from the MP5k laid over the MDF pattern.
For anyone interested, I found that a VZ61 Scorpion would fit inside the dimensions of the blaster (my new design) and could most likely fit a modified frame of the PKD as well.

Also, Tokyo Marui really assemble their MP5K AEG quite similarly to the real thing, internals aside of course.

IMG_4038.JPG
IMG_4038.JPG
IMG_4040.JPG

572945548.256361.JPG
Finally getting there!

So to check a few more dimensions with the build and adhere to my original concept of design (Mateba-ish revolver with HK Upper) I acquired a Mateba replica. It's a fun pistol for sure but pretty obsolete as far as function goes. I love revolvers and have owned and shot many over the years, but have much more use for an automatic pistol in general as both a carry gun (when in the US) or Airsoft/Suvuval Game weapon.
(Small light ones such as an ultra-light small framed .357/38 S&W are great as back up guns though.)

I found a Tokyo Marui Kids version of the MP5 that is roughly 1/3rd scale to the real thing and at fits the PKD's size rather well! So it got stripped of all of it's controls and chopped the receiver up with a rotary tool to mate to the grip and frame of the Punished Props PKD variant.
IMG_4290.JPG

The last image (above) show the Kids HK MP5 parts with the PSG1 Mag and PP PKD grip. I reused the buttplate insert of the MP5 retractable stock for the pistol grip plate and am considering a clever use (in my mind anyway!) of the retractable stock end cap for forming some kind of PDW extended stock kinda thing.

Please let me know what you think about that idea and any others that you would consider true 'upgrades' to the LAPD 2019 that could conceivably take place over a thirty to fifty year timeline. I think that, using the AR platform as an example, a weapon that stands the test of time could be changed A LOT over the years and still remain recognizable.

I’m sorry that it has been a vert long time since I updated anything here.
I started on a major film project at the beginning of the year and after two more films and a couple of music videos later, I have time to return to the blaster.
Thanks to the excellent work of jnoshea and his machined blaster Videos, I have figured out a few things in making the blaster ‘work’.
Pictures to follow shortly :)

Testing some translucent printed grips for size (I still intend to get proper clear resin ones for the final version) and gutting an old Tokyo Marui AEP for working parts for the airsoft version.

Hello again RPF folks,
Sorry for the long wait on this update.
Film and TV work has been constant and with travel and filming on four continents recently, I have had very little time for the blaster.

Anyway.... Not so long ago, I found a gas piston Charter arms Bulldog in one of the Super Otaku gun caves in Tokyo and modified the frame to fit it. This is a cool design because it takes a rotary magazine, similar to a Ruger 10/22 and has enough space for a bolt action, magazine fed receiver to fit on top.
If anyone wants a working airsoft PKD let me know as, now that I have done the hard work once, I will be able to replicate the pistol again.

Attachments

• 9804FC98-2F74-4A8E-A0CD-7B10DA5700D0.jpeg
    9804FC98-2F74-4A8E-A0CD-7B10DA5700D0.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 121
  • E2DF560C-858D-4435-B3A4-1B354D5FA808.jpeg
    E2DF560C-858D-4435-B3A4-1B354D5FA808.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 113
I just saw this threado_O How could've missed it is beyond me:oops::whistle: Love the workmanship you're putting into that prop.
Eager to see your next update:cool::cool:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back