The Star Wars Radio Dramas

Captain Dunsel

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
If you haven’t heard these before, they are great for background listening while you are working on a project, etc. For ANH and ESB, Hamill and Daniels both provided their voices, and Billy Dee provided his voice as well for ESB.

Star Wars / ANH:

Empire:

Jedi:

Last edited:
I had each and every one of these. The ones ALLEY posted were just 45s and didn't have any of the actual actors voices and condensed the whole movie into about ten minutes. Someone gave them to me for Christmas one year. They went into the trash about the next day. The other ones posted were actually LPs, had the actors' voices and you got 30 to 40 minutes of story. I listened to them 100s of times. Not sure why some of those videos posted were so short.

I've still got my SW radio dramas. I had them on cassette and later burned them to cds. They are pretty good for road trips, however I think Han Solo was written horribly, especially in ANH. He isn't portrayed as the rascally space pirate with a heart of gold at all. He just comes off as a 100% douchebag *******.

When first dating my wife to be, I was at her place and was checking out her old vinyl collection. After paging a lot of Rush, Queen, Who... I first come across the ESB soundtrack, and next behind it was The Story of Star Wars, decent shape with the picture inserts too. Knew she was a keeper right there...

Necro post!

When the Star Wars radio drama was repeated just before the Empire version was aired, a few scenes were shortened/re-edited. This affected episodes 1 (dialogue between Luke and Camie), 2 (Leia telling her father about her hike from the spaceport), and 5 (parts of Ben discovering Luke after the Tusken attack, and more talk about being a Jedi in his hut). The opening/closing narration was also re-recorded.

When the series was released in a CD boxed set 30 years ago, the episodes were presented incomplete. They had the original narration, but were otherwise the edited versions from the reruns. Some of the missing material was included as bonus tracks in the set, but not all.

I tracked it all down. The ones that weren't bonus tracks are mono, but otherwise sound great. I've edited them back into the shows. I've also restored the "NPR Playhouse" ID to the beginning.

So, Radio Drama completists, here they are!

Necro post!

When the Star Wars radio drama was repeated just before the Empire version was aired, a few scenes were shortened/re-edited. This affected episodes 1 (dialogue between Luke and Camie), 2 (Leia telling her father about her hike from the spaceport), and 5 (parts of Ben discovering Luke after the Tusken attack, and more talk about being a Jedi in his hut). The opening/closing narration was also re-recorded.

When the series was released in a CD boxed set 30 years ago, the episodes were presented incomplete. They had the original narration, but were otherwise the edited versions from the reruns. Some of the missing material was included as bonus tracks in the set, but not all.

I tracked it all down. The ones that weren't bonus tracks are mono, but otherwise sound great. I've edited them back into the shows. I've also restored the "NPR Playhouse" ID to the beginning.

So, Radio Drama completists, here they are!

Awesome—thanks for sharing!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back