The Shredder * Update 10/11/2012

Re: The Shredder * Update 05/13/2012

I still haven't heard back from that guy yet (I might have to send him a polite bump). How are things all coming along? Started resin-ing yet?

Not really, I run and operate a local movie theater, as you can imagine , the summer season slows down any personal projects as most of my attention turns to work.

I should hopefully have some form of an update within the next week or 2 . Thanks for all the kind support though guys : )

I think that wavy stile may be wallpaper, Iv seen similar stile wallpaper

Soon :) , getting supplies this week, hope to have updates later this week.

Now that school is back, work has slowed down at the theater.

Wow! This is awesome! Im going to follow this for sure. Thank you for posting.

Yes, I am still activly workin on it, I have started the resining process And then moving onto Rondo after that. I am unfortunately a slow builder as I usually plan out every detail if a build before I actually do it lol. Rest assured this project is not dead.

looking forward to see how this is coming along, I started this same project a few weeks ago, I got the resin and fiber glass cloth all done. trying to figure which way to go next. This would be my first project like this.

R2 I would suggest foaming the inside so you can sand down the hard edges into curves, unless your not casting and going to finish this as a one off, if so, I would go back over the hard edges with more fiberglass and then sand down patching as you need in.

You know it's funny, i've only been to Traxx once and it was right around last call, I mostly go to Broken Barrel myself

great build so far, i have this earmarked as a future project so will watch your build for tips!!

So I have gone in the direction of using filler to apply to the outside of the resined pepakura. currently working on sanding the filler, Have you thought about how you might attache the blade to the helmet or have any recommendations?

Small bolt and nut combo is what I was going to test first, I've had to rebuild the helmet portion of my build , resuming on that happens on tues, followed by pics , if I get enough time I'll do a rondo coat as well

OK, Resin is done, small snafu with the helmet, seems I did not add enough catalyst to the resin and as a result it took all day to dry and was tacky until this morning. it cause a bit of warp in the left cheek, luckily that is fixable with some extra cardstock and resin.

Once I've patched the repairs I can Rondo the insides. and following whenever my order of Flex it Foam gets here, I can slush that and start sanding/sculpting

shredderparts1.jpg

shredderparts2.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back