The Rise of Skywalker: Episode IX Graflex

Without a clamp to lock the top and bottom together I feel like we’re going to need a double-ended connector (a short pipe with 4 tabs) to slip inside the Graflex halves to lock everything together and make it solid.

Without a clamp to lock the top and bottom together I feel like we’re going to need a double-ended connector (a short pipe with 4 tabs) to slip inside the Graflex halves to lock everything together and make it solid.

Make the midband "rivets" out of small set screws. Slip the shells in, tighten, and done.

I think it might be a TGS flash and I say that only because TGS posted a message on their Facebook page that seemed to hint their replica was used in the movie. Otherwise I myself can't tell whose replica it is.

Similar to the launch bay sabers, do we know if that saber is the screen used hero saber or a touring replica? The glass eye isn’t turned down like the EP 7/8 hero.

We might want to wait for more promotional photos to surface and see better the details of the screen used hero.

The midband has a brushed finish and the rivets have slight indentations to the top and are not the same as the deep hole rivets used on the grip. The wrap around the midband is a brown textured leather.

The glass eye isn’t turned down like the EP 7/8 hero.

The glass eye in the teaser wasn't turned down either.

Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 1.32.37 PM.jpg

More info would always be better, of course.

Do those look like Romans grips too? You can tell at least from the belt clip one which is all chipped up that that one is metal.

KR sabers mid band clamp works with out any modifications to the flash, it locks on just like the factory clamp locks on

EMPIRE Magazine image - looks like the standard clamp card cut down? Or even the slothfurnace type?

Attachments

• EA370E1C-B9CB-4CDF-85B1-BD899830E6F0.jpeg
    EA370E1C-B9CB-4CDF-85B1-BD899830E6F0.jpeg
    227.7 KB · Views: 252
To me it looks like the high domed lens in the glass eye from Roman too. The TGS lens is very shallow.

Looking at the shoulder around the eye: comparing it to my TGS Gen 2, I can't say for sure flat spots beside the eye's shoulder would be visible in the photo of the prop if the prop were a TGS, but I certainly don't see them on the prop. The prop's shoulder looks higher and more pronounced than I see on my TGS 1.9 top -- and just like the shoulder I see on my Gen2 from Roman.

(The tips of the bulb clamp flanges are pointed on both Roman's and TGS' clamp, where on a vintage they would be rounded. To my eye, they appear pointed on the prop, but a better photo would be more conclusive.)
Ah I see what you're talking about now. Good eyes.

If you guys say it's a Roman's, then it's a Roman's. I don't argue with the experts :)

Is that the "Trust me" wink or the "I know something" wink? lol

That is the “I know, and I see the proof wink”

This is the stick my tongue out at Ron face :p

And my only teasing Rob wink ;)

Possibly-- yeah. I'm also not giving this thing too much weight given that we've been fooled many times by display/show variants. I can already see the clip grip is different from the trailer.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back