The Rise of Skywalker: Episode IX Graflex

I hope to be finished with the machining for my attempt at the TROS clamp by the end of the week.
20190918_223537.jpg

I'm gonna start making the clamp for this for an interchangeable sequel trilogy Graflex set. I know what to do for the bottom, but I'm stumped for what to do for the card holder.... It's not a kobold for sure as it's too small to fit a standard clamp card in there. Any ideas? Custom part maybe?

I think the clamp box is most likely scratch made for the movie, probably loosely resembling a large kobold clip with more space

Pretty poor picture but rumoured to be a shot of the new Graflex from the ‘Force Friday’ Release. Perhaps we will see better images / confirmation soon. Pictures from twitter

Attachments

• C8FF2B45-B9D3-45E3-9644-76A53F8D15E1.jpeg
    C8FF2B45-B9D3-45E3-9644-76A53F8D15E1.jpeg
    37.5 KB · Views: 328
  • B2165C48-7375-4FED-8788-D7E70FB942E0.jpeg
    B2165C48-7375-4FED-8788-D7E70FB942E0.jpeg
    51 KB · Views: 328
Looks like the straight pins from Roman gen2

To me it looks like the high domed lens in the glass eye from Roman too. The TGS lens is very shallow.

Looking at the shoulder around the eye: comparing it to my TGS Gen 2, I can't say for sure flat spots beside the eye's shoulder would be visible in the photo of the prop if the prop were a TGS, but I certainly don't see them on the prop. The prop's shoulder looks higher and more pronounced than I see on my TGS 1.9 top -- and just like the shoulder I see on my Gen2 from Roman.

(The tips of the bulb clamp flanges are pointed on both Roman's and TGS' clamp, where on a vintage they would be rounded. To my eye, they appear pointed on the prop, but a better photo would be more conclusive.)

Hey Gang! Here's a couple more pics from Twitter of the 'Reforged Skywalker Lightsaber'...

LIGHTSABER - GRAFLEX - REPAIRED - EPISODE IX - 005 - Rey carries the lightsaber once belonging...jpg

"REFORGED SKYWALKER LIGHTSABER - Rey carries the lightsaber once belonging to Anakin and Luke Skywalker, its shattered pieces reunited, as she continues down the Jedi path."

LIGHTSABER - GRAFLEX - REPAIRED - EPISODE IX - 008.jpg

LIGHTSABER - GRAFLEX - REPAIRED - EPISODE IX - 007.jpg

That Clamp Card looks WIDE!!! That's no Kobold.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back