The 'REAL" Face of Darth Vader

Colossus601

As a huge fan of Star Wars I never was satisfied with the depection of Vader on screen. As a sculptor/fan I wanted to show just what "The Dark Side" really looks like in its most Depraved and Disfigured condition and also a tad Angry. Of course I embellished a few details like his right eye and some of the wounds but I kept the general Vader vibe.
I used a Hong Kong bootleged terminator skull for the under structure of the sculpt which had its pros and cons and with this experience has led me to create a product (patent pending) that will save a sculptor Time, Money and Clay...(if those sort of things are important to you) ifs called The Burk Armature Platform. If anyone is interested in one contact me.
Anyway I'll post pics for now and a video at the end...I also sculpted the bottom half of his mask and part of his shoulders...
Check out my Youtube channel charles forbin to see more of my sculpts and paintings...
ENJOY........

....... 33.jpg34.jpg35.jpg36.jpg37.jpg38.jpg39.jpg40.jpg41.jpg.......I've put a ton of detail into this sculpt including exposed muscle tissue and bone as well as an artificial spine that will show up soon...his Empire Eye is also a really cool detail.
Sign on and keep track of my Darth Vader cause its....BETTER THAN THE MOVIE VERSION BY FAR!

Thanx for your interest THB

Thanks warrenhouck....and here is the next set.....

....42.jpg43.jpg44.jpg46.jpg47.jpg48.jpg49.jpg58.jpg.....many many layers in this concept. I've started establishing on the left jaw what will be something like a skin graft to cover ,at least partially, what WILL BE a Very burned and scared up face and scalp....you'll see....just keep checking back.

Enjoy...

Thanks THB

Here is another layer showing a little more damage...the burned off nose tip, compromised skin down to bone.. little fibers of muscle showing and a brain-pan cover with a few cables connecting some things some where also an artificial left ear. Starting to see my vision yet....he should be so much more disfigured than the 'cleaned-up' version we were shown in the movies. Trust me he gets much much worst!

....65.jpg66.jpg67.jpg68.jpg69.jpg70.jpg71.jpg72.jpg........we still have a ways to go with many more horrible wounds and Empire Replacement parts to go so.....keep checking baaaack....

ENJOY....
THANKS THB

Last edited:
I agree for all he'd been suffered, even with the stuff they had planned and never used, the final reveal was kinda blah. This is much more in tune with the damage you see at the end of the prequels after he got burnt badly.

Kroenen meets Terminator meets Frankenstein ...like the approach, even if I would prefer a slightly more neutral mouth expression :thumbsup

Welllll......to portray a super maniacal psychopath he needs to look as Maniacal as possible and as a sculptor you have a single image (unlike film) to convey that idea.
MY VADER truer to the character as I've stated is Not the sanitized movie/toy version. This guy has been driven to the brink of insanity from Pain and Anger with almost godlike powers and lacking remorse or guilt of any kind dispenses the emperor's will ,another maniacal psychopath albeit a more controlled character, and his own wrath without mercy...so I want him to look BAT**** CRAZY.

Thanks WES and MIKE for the kind comments aaaannnd if your smilin now...yer gonna look like the Frikin Joker buy the time we are done!

Also check out my Youtube channel 'charles forbin' and watch My painting Video of The Death Star "Under Construction".....lt's pretty good considering I don't think of myself a"painter". . . Also Watch some of the Other Vids while yur browsing,there is something there for Most RPFers.
Please give me a like (thumbs up) and a quick comment I would be greatful...
Subscribe too cause there is still 'more to come'.
Thanx THB

Last edited:
Getting into a little more detail now...an artificial esophagus, a pneumatic replacement for a neck muscle and the first sign of his spine enhancement....etc...etc...etc...

......107.5.jpg107.6.jpg108.jpg109.jpg110.jpg111.jpg112.jpg113.jpg114.jpg........and the next layer shows just a little more of what is to come.....stay tuned...

THB

Last edited:
Uuuu little more scaring,a few more sloppy skin grafts,some mondo staples (around his brain pan) and a 'slight' shaving cut on his bald widdle head......ohhhh and an ear...enjoy it while it lasts......

......128.jpg129.5.jpg129.6.jpg129.7.jpg129.jpg142.jpg152.jpg153.jpg154.jpg..........believe it or not we stillll have much more to go....he is gunna LOOK THE PART LIKE NO OTHER RENDITION...E V E R!

Thanks and Enjoy... THB

A little more...

.....156.jpg157.jpg158.jpg159.jpg160.jpg161.jpg162.jpg163.jpg.......I told you that ear was temp. Also a terrible gash exposing his skull and cranial sutures with damage into the bone.

Stay tuned and keep checking back.

Thanks THB

Yes, in fact I was slightly disappointed by the Vader face. And since it was half mechanical and electronic, it would have been right to represent on the wave of your concept. Congratulations to the imagination and technique.(y))

Your words of support are Greatly appreciated daredevil665.....Keep checking back cause we still have a ways to go.....
And thanks to everyone,I've never had this much interest in one of my sculptures in such a short amount of time!

Thanks THB

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back