The Pretender Series: Jarod Question

Hitogiri

Sr Member
So I remember between 97-00 watching the series Pretender, it was kind of silly and overly dramatic at times but was an ok show. But like many series it was canceled long before they explained the real motives and etc behind the characters. It went 4 seasons and had 2 movies after it which didn't answer questions, just raised more. Does anyone know what was really going on? What was the character Jarod really? In the last movie there was some kind of prophetic scroll they found with his name in it etc. So what was he? Did the producers/writers ever really say?

I remember them saying they were going to explain it if they didn't get to finish, but I've never come across an explanation.

I did find it kind of funny that in back to back weeks, Sydney and Jarod both guest starred on Burn Notice. The same night Jarod (Michael T. Weiss) guested on Burn Notice, Ms Parker was on Suits (is on after Burn Notice) :)

After the last season, they said there were supposed to be 3 movies to finish it all off. They never made the 3rd one.

I did find it kind of funny that in back to back weeks, Sydney and Jarod both guest starred on Burn Notice. The same night Jarod (Michael T. Weiss) guested on Burn Notice, Ms Parker was on Suits (is on after Burn Notice) :)

I saw that too! I kept hoping that Ms. Parker would show up. I didn't know she made a guest appearance on Suits.

Found this online:

The creators of the show, Steven Mitchell and Craig van Sickle stated in an interview on the French DVD of the telemovies that an ending was written for the series; they just needed financing to create it.[citation needed] In a September 2007 interview on the miniseries Tin Man, Mitchell and van Sickle noted that fans were still requesting an ending and that it would happen "soon" due to a relationship with "Strange Highway" Entertainment. They also noted that the story line would continue digitally on the web.[2] On May 21, 2008, van Sickle again expressed interest in having a final episode or film to finish the movie, and asked fans to continue to be patient until it happens.[3]

I'm doubting we will ever hear what was really going on with the Pretender. The last movie left a lot of questions and none would be easily answered.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back