The other Jawa blaster (the one not made from an Enfield.)

Hey Fred

I looked...believe me :rolleyes
I spent about 3 hours seraching google for aeroquip/ eaton products and parts...without any luck so far. The only thing I found was the 9-holed disc, which is part of a hydraulic pump. Even if the overall part wouldn´t be a pump of some kind, I hoped to use the disc for correctly scaling this blaster.
Aeroquip/ eaton produced mainly hoses/ fitting and other parts.
These parts found use in engines, pumps etc.

I´m still trying to figure out what this item has been used for?
The "receiver" and the gear section of this blaster seem to belong together :confused They don´t seem to be cobbled together by a prop-department.

Was there some kind of "handheld syrene (sp?)" back the days, that could have been used as the base for this gun?

Questions about questions...:wacko

Markus

Unless your doing the TPM version, then it sounds like we should just let the disc with all the wholes, go. it wasn't on the original ROTJ blaster, and the picture we see with the disk, I posted above, is of the prequil Jawas. Since ILM didn't do the greatest job (IMO) of replicating their own stuff, for the prequils, I wouldn't expect the scale, or anything else about the prequil version of this blaster to be dead on to the old one.

In other words, even if you do figure out for sure what that disk is, all your going to do for sure, is confirm the size of the TPM blaster, and not the ROTJ version, that this thread is really about.

Last edited:
Another resurrection.
Would this style have used the power pack/powder flask as well? Seems to me it would suit this style blaster better than the established Enfield.

I don't know if it was ever seen "On screen" But there are "official" still photos, with of them, and of jawas holding them. There was one on display with jawa robes, in a few of the official traveling exhibits. (like the "magic of myth" exhibit) And some call it the ROTJ jawa blaster, and it was dark in Jabba's palace, so who knows.

I've never seen any pics of it with the power cell thing that goes with the other blaster. I actually always though it looked like the part at the back of the "upper receiver" on this gun looked like a removable power back/magazine, but I don't see way you couldn't add the power back thingy from the other blaster on this one. (just fo fun. )

I'm glad this thread got bumped back up, as I still have to finish my blaster. It's not that it's that hard of a project, I just have WAY to many projects going at one time, and it's dragging out the whole process.

I'm happy to see there is still interest in this blaster.

I searched for a LONG time for this. The best I could come up with was a Navy Horn from a Naval Ship. I joined some forums where people collected them and never was able to find an exact match, even though some were very close.

Looks alot like theres a piston in there near the end of the barrel, and perhaps a exhaust used for the front part of the barrel, it looks almost tin thin, I also wondered if it was from the RPG.

it looks almost tin thin,

Well that may be. I have seen pics of two of them side buy side, one with the front edge of the barrel fairly nice looking, and on the other one the berrels front edge was all beat, and wonky. So it my be rather thin, or soft, metal. I've got a copper cone section from a descriptive torch I'm thinking of using for my barrel. I cut off the top of the torch, and banged out a front lip for the barrel. The round edge looks very, rough, but then on at least one of the real prop guns it was rough too.

I have been following this for a bit now hoping to find some leads but this gun has turned into a pain in the ass and I feel like a dog chasing his tail. lol

I have been following this for a bit now hoping to find some leads but this gun has turned into a pain in the ass and I feel like a dog chasing his tail. lol

Oh, I know that feeling.

It took us 25 - 30 YEARS to identify all the parts on the Obi-wan ANH saber, and there was a lot more interest in that prop. This is one of those things, that we could look for the rest of our lives, and never find the "right" parts, and then again, any one of us, could stumble on to all the right parts, tomorrow.

I mean, there is now just the "seen" but also the "unseen" out there. We can only look for that witch we can see, but these parts could have very well come from inside some thing, that you would have to be in that industry (what ever it is) to know it. They could be parts from inside a jet engine. They could be part from inside a ships motor. Who knows.

Personally, I'm just trying to come up with stuff that will look close enough for know, and if the "real" parts are ever found, I'll upgrade.

One thing I do know about this place, if any of the members here get the chance to talk to the folks that made the prop, or get to handle one of these, they will post everythi0ng they find out about it. :)

Thie part under the barrel:

jawablaster.jpg

Looks as a part for a beltdrive:

zahnriemenscheiben alu - Google-Suche=

The shape of the muzzle has stuck in my mind and I couldn’t quite put my finger on where I’d seen something like it before. Then it hit me this weekend that it reminded me of the eductor used to get AFFF (aqueous film forming foam) into the fire hose stream. But these are made of heavy cast brass and have a threaded end. However if you do a google search for eductor you’ll find a lot of “almost, but not quite” candidates for the barrel/muzzle of the blaster. To me it looks like a part of a turbine engine bleed air or and exhaust assembly (dare I say from a Rolls Royce Derwent engine like IG88’s head).

The lower part of the receiver forward of the handle/trigger looks like an aircraft push-pull rod (control rod, tie rod, etc…). Judging by the robust end I’d say it was probably directly connected to a control surface (aileron, elevator or, rudder), or perhaps part of a rudder pedal assembly.

These pieces are probably as unique as the scrap yard that the original prop makers liberated them form, and would be far easier to fabricate/approximate. But I’m sure that won’t stop us from trying to find th actual parts.

These pieces are probably as unique as the scrap yard that the original prop makers liberated them form, and would be far easier to fabricate/approximate. But I’m sure that won’t stop us from trying to find th actual parts.

Truer words have never been spoken here. :lol

I personally am looking to both, come up with a way to replicate this blaster, quickly, cheaply, easily (just for fun), And also id the real parts for those that have the money, time, and skill to do something with the info.

A small info...I followed lichtbringers tip and purchased one of those gears for a toothed belt.

zahnriemenscheibe.jpg

I am pretty confident that this is the correct part we should keep an eye open for :) The one I got has an O.D. of 4,2 cm, would be great to know what size we should look for. Starting with this part, we could try to scale the "alternative" Jawa blaster correctly.

Markus

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back