The Orville - found props

GeneralFROSTY

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm such a fan that I've been tracking down and buying the various set decor and prop items used in the show. Since the decor fits my modern taste, I consider these functional props in a way.
There are still a few things I'd like to identify, specifically the squarish planters used to decorate the mess hall tables.

Below, we have the bowl Cliden used for his depression food ice cream, the silverware set as far as I can tell has been used anytime the crew is eating, the plates were used and seen prominently in the "Primal Urges" both in the mess hall scene and breakfast with the Bortus fam. The lamps are used all over the ship. Ikea has the most cost effective version, though there are other high-priced versions of this style, it's safe to think the set designer just bought a ton of the Ikea lamps. There is a larger globe lamp used in Doctor Finn's office that definately doesnt come from Ikea since they only sell the one size.
The whiskey glass was used when Ed and Kelly order the synthesizer to make them those fancy Selaian drinks.

If anyone can identify further found items, please post here.
Screenshot_20190107-120929_Chrome.jpeg
Screenshot_20190107-120653_eBay.jpeg
Screenshot_20190107-120741_eBay.jpeg
Screenshot_20190107-120542_Chrome.jpeg
Screenshot_20190107-121632_Messenger.jpeg

Correction on the dinner plate. When watching the scene where Topa is having his breakfast, I noticed the base of his bowl was taller than the style I found, so I found another collection that looks to be the correct set:
Screenshot_20190108-001046_Chrome.jpeg

My "official" unofficial set of Orville silverware arrived today. Very high quality, heavy pieces. Well worth the price and a great design statement even if they didn't appear on the show.
20190108_163914.jpeg
20190108_175348.jpeg

I don't recall the exact episode but I remember noticing that in one shot in season one, a crewperson is doing some work in the shuttle bay with a Black & Decker TLD100 Thermal Leak Detector (infrared thermometer):

black-decker-thermal-leak-detector.jpg

Picked one up a couple years ago and always thought it reminded me of a Trek gadget... fun to see one end up in pretty much that exact use! :)

Sure enough, Bud Light. Though I hate the stuff myself I bought a 20 pack. Here's one stripped and the other spray painted silver. I think they just painted them on set. Now, what about that holder?

624045f503a9d61368d7413d4dd5d01c3517d418.jpg

@TashaSkar. They set picture makes them look brushed. And since those are just aluminum, you can put them onto a cork, and spin them on the end of a drill with some light sand paper to apply a brushed finish. No need to paint.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back