The Omega Man - Neville`s Caesar Bust

Re: The Omega Man - Neville`s SMG and Hunting Belt

TIm, flashlight shipped out this morning. I may have a matching belt buckle around here if you haven't found one yet.
I've built several similar belts for reenactments and as the belt / pouches show almost no wear, they were probably built for the production. It's odd though, that the belt isn't well fitted to Chuck's girth! (too close to the last hole.)
If I can help with anything else, drop a note.
Jeff

They used to sell that holster in a kit form years ago. Check with Tandy leather. j

I, too, am a fan of the Chuck Heston sci-fi tri-fecta or as I call it, "Charlton Heston: Sci-Fi He-Man of the Future!": Planet of the Apes, Soylent Green and The Omega Man.

I always loved seeing Heston tooling through an empty LA on the Saturday 4pm Movie on Ch. 38 in Boston!

Your research is excellent (and I plan on poaching some of it to finish my 1/6 Neville!).

If I may add to this, MGC produced TWO versions of the S&W M76: One blank firing and one "airsoft" version.

I lucked out the airsoft one about a year and a half ago through Ebay for around $100! I've read that it it can sell for $250-500. It was designed to have a bottle screwed into the a collar under the body of the weapon. It has both MGC and S&W markings on it and the folding stock works great.

I would say that you should take a look for this version before dropping so much cash. This is especially true if it's to be a static display.

I will try to get pics up this weekend for you.

And as far as the flashlight clamps go, I'm not very hardware store oriented, but I always thought that they looked like they were something from the plumbing department.

Hope this helps...

TIm, flashlight shipped out this morning. I may have a matching belt buckle around here if you haven't found one yet.
I've built several similar belts for reenactments and as the belt / pouches show almost no wear, they were probably built for the production. It's odd though, that the belt isn't well fitted to Chuck's girth! (too close to the last hole.)
If I can help with anything else, drop a note.
Jeff

They used to sell that holster in a kit form years ago. Check with Tandy leather. j

Thats fantastic, thanks Jeff.
Will take you up on that belt buckle for sure, let me know the details if you find it.

Cheers Randy, great to see another Mad Max fan. A 1/16 Neville, would love to see one of those, great project.

As promised, Mr. Webber, here are the images of my MGC "airsoft" S&W M76 (forgive the dirty carpet):

Packaging Shot
MGC-M76-001-150x150.jpg

Large image: http://aftimes.com/wp-content/uploads/MGC-M76-001.jpg

Item in package with directions (it's in AMAZING shape for an item from the 80's!)
MGC-M76-002-150x150.jpg

Large image: http://aftimes.com/wp-content/uploads/MGC-M76-002.jpg

Left side of weapon; magazine separate.
MGC-M76-003-150x150.jpg

Large image: http://aftimes.com/wp-content/uploads/MGC-M76-003.jpg

Closeup of the "nipple" for the connector hose to the air bottle to go into. That's about the only thing that takes away its realistic appearance.
MGC-M76-004-150x150.jpg

Large image: http://aftimes.com/wp-content/uploads/MGC-M76-004.jpg

Right side of weapon; magazine in place
MGC-M76-005-150x150.jpg

Large image: http://aftimes.com/wp-content/uploads/MGC-M76-005.jpg

Weapon with folding stock extended.
MGC-M76-006-150x150.jpg

Large image: http://aftimes.com/wp-content/uploads/MGC-M76-006.jpg

I will say that of the few props that I REALLY want in my life, I expected this to be one of the hardest to track down. But I lucked out as A) I found it on Ebay, B) I missed buying it and the seller put it back up cheaper, C) seller was local and D) bought it from seller w/o having to pay anything to Ebay OR shipping!

So this IS out there and, hopefully, cheaper than resin versions.

I hope this helps.
If more pics are needed, let me know.

And, yes, I'm a long time MM/RW fan. While I'd love to have a replica Black-on-Black V8 Interceptor, I figure that'll be a little outta my price range.

I'll let you know when I've finished my Neville in 1/6. I have to built the stuff for the belt like the magazine & flashlight holders.

A 1/16 Neville, would love to see one of those, great project.

Unsure who did this. I’ve had it saved in my Omega Man files.
Wouldn’t mind seeing Sideshow or Hot Toys offering this figure.
Ed

OmegaMan_Figure1.jpg

OmegaMan_Figure2.jpg

OmegaMan_Figure3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks for your help Randy.

Where i live, in Victoria, Australia, the laws regarding importing replica firearms changed on Aug 1st. As of that date, the only way to legally import a replica firearm is to apply for a permit to the Chief Commissioner of Police to do so. I went through this rather intrusive and comprehensive process, which establishes your claim as a collector and ability to safely store the replicas.

I have just been granted this permit which lasts for three years. I still have to present details of anything i wish to import to the police prior to importing but the permit allows me to import any replica or decommissioned firearm i wish as long as it does not fire any projectile or blank of any kind. If i want to import and posess replica weapons such as airsoft weapons, i would need to apply for a full firearms licence which is something id rather not do at the moment. Id love to have a metal version for sure but the resin model Gordon is offering in the junkyard is perfect for my needs and a very reasonable price to i think. The great thing also about it is that Gordon can make a spare magazine for me to go in the belt and thats gold. If theres anything i can do to help out on your 1/16 project or anything else, let me know.

Ed,
You just provided one of those hand full of moments over the journey when you click on something and are completely blown away. That is completely awesome and many thanks for posting. Hopefully we can get to learn more about it.

Started searching the 1/6 forums and found the following pics I know the 1/6 collectors and Omega Man fans are going to appreciate.

First up is a custom from a “Sideshow Freaks” forum member: The Batman Professor
Batman0.jpg

Batman1.jpg

Batman2.jpg

Batman3.jpg

Batman4.jpg

Batman5.jpg

Next up is another forum member: Jacklefttown who gives a list of the items used to make his custom….
“The recipe is a Sideshow Taylor from POTA headsculpt on a BBI body (the body is just a stand in, I will be replacing it with a Hot Toys True Type narrow shoulder body, as soon as I can find one for a good price). The suit is from Dragon Models Sabre Pilot. The Air Force hat is from a 12" GI Joe VS Cobra Cobra Commander. The S&W M76 is from the Hot Toys Bank Robber Joker figure.”

Jacklefttown0.jpg

Jacklefttown1.jpg

Jacklefttown2.jpg

Jacklefttown3.jpg

Jacklefttown4.jpg

Another from member: Bernard2002 (my favorite)
He even did the Caesar bust!!!
The parts are pretty basic.
Fig - SST Planet of the Apes Taylor
Flight Suit - BBI Saber Pilot
Boots - NLM jump boots
Visor - Tweak squad painted gold with custom egg salad on visor
Bar- Dragon with bipod removed
Infra-red scope - Dragon Sam
S&W model 76 - 21st Cent
Belt - Custom made with BGT 45 holster

Bernard21120.jpg

Bernard21121.jpg

Bernard21122.jpg

Bernard21123.jpg

Bernard21124.jpg

Bernard21125.jpg

Bernard21126.jpg

Bernard21127.jpg

Bernard21128.jpg

Bernard21129.jpg

Bernard211210.jpg

Bernard211211.jpg

Bernard211212.jpg

One Sixth Warriors member: Alex Lopez sculpted a great Headsculpt
Alex1.jpg

Alex2.jpg

Another member: ricknation offered his version
Ricknation.jpg

Another member: jiminydog did this version
Jiminydog0.jpg

Jiminydog1.jpg

Jiminydog2.jpg

Another member: Angelofmusic2112 did this version
Angel0.jpg

Angel1.jpg

Angel2.jpg

Angel3.jpg

Angel4.jpg

Angel5.jpg

Great stuff by these members…C’mon Sideshow….GIVE US NEVILLE!!!!!!
Ed

Last edited:

You're welcome, Mr. Webber.
I'm in awe of the work you and the rest of the members here, so anything I can do to help, whatever little it may be, I'm glad to do. You are all, quite seriously, an inspiration to me.

Bummer about the airsoft weapon import laws. Sound like you're limited in what you can do, so it's good that there's at least an option open to you.

As for 1/6 Neville, when Sideshow did the POTA Taylor clean-shaven, I knew what needed to be made. I'm just being a little lazy in finishing the damn thing!

My version is the opening of the movie, with the safari jacket. I might rig up a separate "M76" with flashlight, since I originally purchased the Swedish K for custom purposes before getting the Dragon S&W M76. And I have the IR scope and simply looking for a correct BAR to use.

ed-209 said:
Unsure who did this. I’ve had it saved in my Omega Man files.
Wouldn’t mind seeing Sideshow or Hot Toys offering this figure.
Ed
OmegaMan_Figure3.jpg
This 1/6 scale set is available for sale through Stevo's Toys: Welcome to Stevo's Toys

The Omega Man set: Welcome Stevo's Toys (Scroll down the page; on the right side)
It's a wee bit expensive IMO, since I only want the magazine & flashlight holder, but it is EVERYTHING in one shot.

The work he does is beautiful.
And Bernard2002's version is damn amazing! (I wander around OSW as well)

And with my with AFTimes, I've talked, pitched and pleaded with Sideshow for Robert Neville since back in the late 90's when they were first starting out. At this point, its too "cult" a movie to make it worth their while, sorry to say.

Now I think I need to stop by the local Army/Navy store to see if they have any brown M1911 holsters... DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL! (Whoops, wrong movie!)

Last edited by a moderator:

Now this is an AWESOME OMEGA MAN thread !!!!

I had to settle for a RESIN M-76 ..... :cry

I could not find the MGC one I could afford. When they pop up they are about $ 400-$500 :cry When they are on Ebay - I don't have the cash.

GREAT pictures, Props, and builds !!! :cool:love:love:love:love:love

Gordon

Thanks Gordon.

The torch arrived, many thanks Jeff, along with a little bonus thats just awesome. The torch still works a treat as well. Will be too busy to do any gumshoe work on the belt itself for a little while so any tips on that would be great. Have to source some appropriate leather or leather sub, measure out all the individual components and the hardest thing of all to find, someone skilled enough to put it together who wont charge me like its for an actual film, which is what ive found when getting custom stuff like this done in the past. Once again many thanks Jeff.

View attachment 70976View attachment 70977View attachment 70978View attachment 70979View attachment 70980

Tim, did you get the email about the buckle?
That belt will be easy to make, the various pouches will take a bit of time, but all pretty easy builds.

Yes mate, the reply kept bouncing on me, i got the buckle covered, i actually had one as well, found it with all the Mad Max stuff, thanks anyway though.
The belt will have one little custom addition, a special loop for the Heston slug.

Yes mate, the reply kept bouncing on me, i got the buckle covered, i actually had one as well, found it with all the Mad Max stuff, thanks anyway though.
The belt will have one little custom addition, a special loop for the Heston slug.

Glad you've got it covered. I'd offer to slam out a belt for you, but with the shp cost alone, it'll be cheaper getting it in Oz.
Looking forward to it's completion!
I'll swing over to see it when I pick up my Interceptor!:love

Imagine my surprise seeing my old 1/6 scale figure on here!! On the other Forum, I am Jacklefttown!

I had to make a belt out of black items since I had to cobble it together from what I had. I would have loved to get that 1/6 Omega Man belt, but $90. for an action figures belt is a bit steep! I did end up selling this on eBay a few years back and some days I regret it! Thanks for showing it here!

And, YES, I agree, the Omega Man Soundtrack is one of my favorite scores EVER.

Nice job Spylocke, i love your work.

Got the M 76 organised, thanks Gordon. Need to ID the sling used or more specifically, the clips used on the sling, been looking but cant find them. Could easily scratch something but would prefer the same ones used on the hero, any help is always appreciated. Looking forward to tackling the stun grenade as well.

View attachment 72990 View attachment 72989

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back