The Nostromo is up for auction!

That is an insanely low price for this miniature in my opinion!. Such an iconic & intricately built model. I would have thought the Alien franchise & in particular the Nostromo would fetch something like $2m.

It is absolutely huge!! Part of the value of an item is linked to one's ability to resell it and IMO alot of people who are huge Alien fans AND may have the discretionary income to make this purchase- may shy away because of it's sheer size and needing it's own room essentially to adequately display it!! Amazing restoration job!!

wAdJV_400.jpg

Interesting outcome - the Nostromo did not make the lower end of the auction estimate ($300 - $500k). Max bid was $295k so it did not sell. Neither did a landing leg. The one piece of Nostromo I could afford I got outbid at the last second. Of course. :mad:

Other Alien and Aliens stuff went for estimate or well above. Ripley's flamethrower went for $62,500! An Alien script for 4x estimate.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back