The Ninja - Star Wars Vintage Parts Hunting & Props - UPDATE - Vintage Junex Sabrina 23 & Qualcast 23 Carpet Sweepers

My vintage MPP Microflash Collection

I have been asked by a few members if I could do family photos of my vintage MPP Microflash, I feel incredibly privileged to have put together such an amazing collection of vintage MPP Microflash, the details are left to right;

Large B Single Step Shroud RAF #14A/4678^

Large B Single Step Shroud

Large B Single Step Cut Shroud

Small B Double Step Shroud

Small B Double Step Shroud RAF #14A/4678^

View attachment 1270230

View attachment 1270231

View attachment 1270230 View attachment 1270231

Thats insane!

I have been asked by a few members if I could do family photos of my vintage MPP Microflash, I feel incredibly privileged to have put together such an amazing collection of vintage MPP Microflash, the details are left to right;

View attachment 1270230

View attachment 1270231

OH MY.... I think I just MPP’d myself!

Incredible collection Ian.

View attachment 1270230

View attachment 1270231

DUUUUDE...I think I just had a nerdgasm o_O

View attachment 1270230

View attachment 1270231

Now that you have so many examples, do you see any manufacturing differences (other than the ports and shroud steps? Looks like the reflector dishes have different finishes - wondering if the clamps, tubes or shrouds have any we haven't noticed yet. Graflexes, apparently, have a crapload of differences

Now that you have so many examples, do you see any manufacturing differences (other than the ports and shroud steps? Looks like the reflector dishes have different finishes - wondering if the clamps, tubes or shrouds have any we haven't noticed yet. Graflexes, apparently, have a crapload of differences

Known variances outside of B-port size and shroud step are:
  • flat vs rounded flash tops
  • clear release button and clear clamp sleeve vs the better known black versions
  • flat vs rounded clamp release housing screws
  • smooth black center piece on the end cap vs the desired three-ringed version
  • rectangular (used in ANH v1) vs trapezoid (ESB & ROTJ) clamp sidebars
    • black anodized vs clear anodized rectangular sidebars with the clear being an extremely rare variant
  • painted vs unpainted port letters
  • font variances in the MPP label tag
  • horizontal vs vertical vs no serial number on the flash tube under the shroud
  • military stamping on S92 kits only
I also had a clamp that I swear was a smaller variant because it would not fit a clamp sleeve underneath it and still close

roygilsing has a clamp variant that I haven't seen since which if I recall has no gap in between the the clamp ends.

In my experience, the older flat top tubes with all of the 'undesirable' variants are the ones that most commonly came with the single-step shrouds.

I haven't included the mythical steel single-step shroud because to the best of my knowledge, no one has been able to find one yet.

Anyone want to chime in with anything I over looked?

In addition to Edraven99's great list of variations, I would also add...
  • Shroud retention screw finish
  • Thin vs. Thicc Bulb release button
  • Aluminum vs. Steel release housing screws
  • B, S, E port font placement differences
  • Glossy vs. Satin clamp paint finish
  • Un-cut black, cut-clear, cut-black clamp sleeves
  • Lever & washer differences
  • End cap coin knurling height differences
Plus, many more minor differences that are just too minute to point out.

Good to know there are other people out there who will buy these up but have no intention of converting them into lightsabers.

Don't get me wrong, I respect the lightsaber community and all, but to me, it hurts to see an antique part of history altered or drilled into to make lightsabers. (unless you're gluing, idm)

Waiting for the one Graflex/MPP replica to rule them all.

Vintage Sherman Tank Periscope & M19 Telescope

I picked up this vintage Sherman Tank Periscope locally from a Military Collector for an awesome price, the Periscope has seen better days and is covered in rust & paint but I could see the light port which got the heart pumping, once received I could not crack the Periscope open quick enough and was stoked to find another M19 Telescope :D

The photos cover the process.

658.jpg
659.jpg
670.jpg
671.jpg
673.jpg
674.jpg
675.jpg
676.jpg
677.jpg
678.jpg
679.jpg
680.jpg
681.jpg
682.jpg
683.jpg
684.jpg

658.jpg 659.jpg 670.jpg 671.jpg 673.jpg 674.jpg 675.jpg 676.jpg 677.jpg678.jpg 679.jpg 680.jpg 681.jpg 682.jpg 683.jpg 684.jpg

I see some of those periscope things on ebay, and they are much cheaper than the lil' telescope on its own. And I'm really tempted to take the chance and buy one.

where did you find this one?

I see some of those periscope things on ebay, and they are much cheaper than the lil' telescope on its own. And I'm really tempted to take the chance and buy one.

where did you find this one?

Most Periscopes on evilbay are M6 Periscopes which were Viewing Periscopes & not Aiming Periscopes, as posted it was a Military Collector.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back