The Ninja - Star Wars Vintage Parts Hunting & Props - UPDATE - Vintage Junex Sabrina 23 & Qualcast 23 Carpet Sweepers

One of my HW ZDs is No.2905, and it hast the accurate dial.
I know another is in the 4000s, also accurate version.

Additional i don´t think the small numbers on the dial are the accurate serial numbers, as they can be easily replaced after damage.
Usually the engraved no. on the tubes is the scopes serial no. Most of the time they are no matching nos.

Interesting that would be helpful, do you have photos of both sides of the tubes with the engraved numbers and windage dials & numbers, thanks.

No pics, atm, no. But the numbers on the dials are always higher than on the tubes. At least on all i´ve ever had/have seen.

My research on Military and War Forums & related sites leads me to believe the number on the Windage Dial Mount is the Scope Serial Number and the number (not always found) on the tube is the Rifle/Gun Serial Number the scope was mounted on, updated original post #637

Example: Rifle/Gun (Gewehr - German for Gun) GW. No. 7835

6449 x2.jpg

6449 x2.jpg

Last edited:
very nice new stuff!
what are you going to do with the Milbro 4x20? it seems to be a different variation than the scopes in Star Wars. Or is it for a prop that didn't occur to me right away?

very nice new stuff!
what are you going to do with the Milbro 4x20? it seems to be a different variation than the scopes in Star Wars. Or is it for a prop that didn't occur to me right away?

Thanks buddy, good eyes on the Milbro yeah it's a different version to what we see on the EE-3 its for display, vintage Milbro 4x20 Scope Box :D

very nice new stuff!
Thanks buddy, good eyes on the Milbro yeah it's a different version to what we see on the EE-3 its for display, vintage Milbro 4x20 Scope Box :D

Actually, I do believe it is accurate for the EE-3 and most other SW scopes of this type (and the Nostromo Rexim of course). This is one of four naturally occuring 100% correct for an ESB EE-3 blaster (And half of a RotJ version) for Boba Fett!

Check this out from TDH: Intwenothor’s Madness

intwenothor

Actually, I do believe it is accurate for the EE-3 and most other SW scopes of this type (and the Nostromo Rexim of course). This is one of four naturally occuring 100% correct for an ESB EE-3 blaster (And half of a RotJ version) for Boba Fett!

Check this out from TDH: Intwenothor’s Madness

intwenothor

Thanks Andy yeah I have that thread bookmarked very helpful, if you look at the Milbro scope I picked up the Windage Knob Block is a slightly different shape & is missing the 2x screws, also the front Bellhousing looks slightly different but still nice for a display with the vintage Retail Box.

6.jpg

milbrotype2_zps1e7f9498.jpg

Thanks Andy yeah I have that thread bookmarked very helpful, if you look at the Milbro scope I picked up the Windage Knob Block is a slightly different shape & is missing the 2x screws, also the front Bellhousing looks slightly different but still nice for a display with the vintage Retail Box.

View attachment 1094055

View attachment 1094056

Well, lookie there! You are correct. Looks like I am gonna have to get these peepers looked at. Time has not been kind to my eyes!

Still, very cool variant to have the infinity symbol yet wrong occular bell and adjustments platform. I am jealous!

Well, lookie there! You are correct. Looks like I am gonna have to get these peepers looked at. Time has not been kind to my eyes!

Still, very cool variant to have the infinity symbol yet wrong occular bell and adjustments platform. I am jealous!

Yeah thanks mate and its in great vintage condition and I picked it up for a song, with the vintage Retail Box & original paperwork worth more to me then the price I paid so I am pretty happy with it as a display :D

My research on Military and War Forums & related sites leads me to believe the number on the Windage Dial Mount is the Scope Serial Number and the number (not always found) on the tube is the Rifle/Gun Serial Number the scope was mounted on, updated original post #637

Example: Rifle/Gun (Gewehr - German for Gun) GW. No. 7835

I don´t think so.

First - GW is very unusual for Gewehr. Short form for Gewehr would be "Gew." or maybe even "G." only.

Second - it makes no sense to accompany a scope to a certain rifle. It´s not the same as target shooting on shorter distances, where it might work.
A sniper set is not the same as the same type rifle for the standard soldier, who directs it toward the enemy and hopes for a hit while looking for better cover (over 90% of spent bullets are shot "just in the direction", to force the enemy into his cover or keeping him from good aiming, hoping for a lucky hit. And automatic guns didn´t made that better, most soldiers are wasting to much of their ammo due to auto fire).

I had my rifle´s (the sniper version with fixed stock, and the jump version with foldable stock - used interchanging for whatever is needed to a certain action), on my weapons card, and also the scope given to me - and while my sniper rifle was stored together with my scope in the weapons room so the team there doesn´t needed to search, both parts were assigned to me, not to each other. My scope on my rifle would be not good fo another sniper, as each of us adjusted the combination to his own needs (eyes, how you hold your head when aiming,....all that little differencies that sum up at the end of a several hundred meter shot). Each one of us would have prefered his own scope on a new rifle, not a combination swap.
And i was only a group-sniper, none of those guys with the oversized anime guns for shots over a mile. I assume they are even more picky. But those special guns are no good match to those old Karabiner. ;)

So, i see no reason to combine a certain scope fix to a certain rifle in a way it would help to have the numbers engraved on each other. Just makes no sense.
Additional - as there are way more rifles than scopes in the units, i would always expect a higher number for the rifle and a lower for the scope. Not the way it is assumed on this case.

No, you got me wrong.

It´s not that i think the showed GW is not common, in fact my scopes have that, too. ;)

It´s that i don´t believe that it stands for "Gewehr" and that those numbers match to a certain rifle. If there are 10 scopes under 100 Karabiner (maybe even less) the numbers for the rifles should be much higher as more rifles were made than scopes. A high scope number as 11345 on a rifle with a low no. like 3456 would be a possibility, but not on each and every scope we see.

Edit: looks like your scope was used by the first company of the 8th Jäger Regiment.

Custom LEGO Lightsabers

TROS - Luke / Rey Lightsaber

I made some minor adjustments to the Lightsaber & was finally able to pick up a TROS Rey Minifig to complete my display.

594.jpg

595.jpg

594.jpg 595.jpg

TROS - Rey Lightsaber

I put this LEGO design of the TROS Rey Lightsaber seen at the end of the movie together in LDD, there was plenty of versions to try & get the LEGO close to the screen prop, I am pretty happy now & have ordered the bricks unfortunately some bricks had to be ordered from overseas as I could not purchase locally once all the bricks arrive I will test my design & make any adjustments & post the final LEGO build :)

596.jpg

596.jpg

597.jpg 598.jpeg (Shout-out to original poster)

Hoth Electrobinoculars Build Update

I received an update on the build from Dustin newmagrathea today, he has finished the patching and is now doing the primer & sanding of the LP7 cast case, we have decided to use the cast kit greeblies and keep the vintage parts for side displays.

View attachment 1243144

View attachment 1243144

I like what you did with a reject cast.

In the meantime I started some new molds for another run ;)

Baby Yoda Build

Like many from Ep1 of The Mandalorian I just had to have a baby Yoda, I was lucky to get on MasterEdi run for his master sculpt of the baby Yoda;

I have received my baby Yoda cast and have been collecting other items for the build initially after watching The Mandalorian & looking a ref pics & screen caps I was of the view the baby Yoda outer robe was some type of tanned / suede skin, based on this I picked up a deer skin but after seeing a clearer image in one of the FB groups it looks like a woven canvas.

600.jpeg

601.jpg

600.jpeg 601.jpg 602.jpg
603.jpg 604.jpg 617.jpg

Parts:

1- Outer Robe - Deer Skin / Oatmeal Beige Flax Linen Cotton Blend Canvas (fabric arrived was nothing like listing still trying to match)

2- Outer Robe Collar & Cuffs - Polar Fleece Khaki

3- Inner Robe - 100% Cotton Canvas Duck Deer Beige

4- 1/8" Aluminum Wire

I am thinking of a simple sewn body with draw strings or tape on the neck, arms & legs with a zipper so you can fill with bean bag filler or foam to fill-out the body, this would be light weight & allow the body movement when posing, Dustin newmagrathea is helping me with this project & we are going to approach a few local seamstress to make the baby Yoda robes & body.

I have also ordered;

One Eyed Frog from Terry pandatrooper

Razor Crest Knob from zenix

Mythosaur Skull Pendant from mostlyfantasy.com

Last edited:
Baby Yoda Pack

I started hunting for an accurate Pack & other parts needed for the Ep8 baby Yoda Pack as soon as I watched, I was thinking it would be much easier to display my baby Yoda in a Pack rather then in one of those IKEA Egg Capsules and I could also take him out for a walk lol!!

I was not able to match the Biker Pack but for those with OCD I was able to match the manufacture stamp on the inside of the flap, where Cara Dune (screen cap) is taking the baby Yoda from IG-11, if you wish to match this screen Pack with the same vintage Pack you need to look for a WWII British Large Pack H & S 1943 ^ of course all the other manufactures Packs work for the prop.

608.jpg

605.jpg 610.jpg 606.jpg 607.jpg 608.jpg

The shoulder strap we see is a Khaki belt with 7x sets of close holes, after messaging a number of sellers Rothco replied confirming spec's so I purchased & received my Rothco Vintage Double Prong Buckle Belt & can confirm the XL Belt has 8x sets of close holes, which matches what we see on-screen 7x sets + the 1x set the rivets go through on the reverse of the belt.

609.jpg

609.jpg

Parts:

1- WWII British Large Pack H & S 1943 ^

2- Rothco Vintage Double Prong Buckle Belt Khaki XL Belt

3- Steel Double Cap Rivets Nickel & Gun Metal Matte

4- 2x 2" Metal Loops

5- Rank Badge - Alloy Sheet & 2x Red Switches & White Cap

Last edited:
Baby Yoda Outer Robe

I was taking screen caps when the baby Yoda eats the frog in Ep4 when I noticed what looks like maybe a zipper tab or cord end of a draw-string cord which seems to show around the neck line of the outer robe.

2mag.jpg

2mag.jpg 611.jpg 612.jpg 613.jpg 614.jpg

Update:

I like this YKK Antique Brass Donut Pull Zipper

615.jpg

615.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back