The Muppet Show - Java Muppet Replicas

Obi Sean Kenobi

Hi all,

Posted my interest in replicating some of the oldest Muppets, and some of my favorite Muppets from the 'Java' skit.

If you've never seen it, here is the bit from YouTube :

Java (Muppet Show) - YouTube
It
The bit appeared years earlier on the Ed Sullivan show using an earlier incarnation of these Muppets.

The originals were made from vacuum cleaner and dryer hoses according to the commentary on the season one Muppet show discs.

Accordingly, I made mine out of vacuum cleaner hoses that I spraypainted. The eyes were plastic hemispheres, and the fur is self explanatory.

For the smaller Java, I'm still not quite sure what to line his eyes with as reference is sooooo scarce.

All in all, this was a nice departure from the usual SW, IJ, and/or LOTR replicas I usually pursue and build. And quite fun to be freed from the ever present chains of screen accuracy. Kinda.

The first two pics are the real deal made by Henson and Co.

Enjoy!

Regards,
Sean

Thanks guys (and ladies)!
This was an obscure item and I thought this thread may fade into obscurity. Glad someone enjoyed it.
Regards,
OSK

On the second pic, is he upside down? Looks like the hair is between the legs instead of on the head. Good job on the replica. :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back