The Miles Morales+Spider Gwen Hybrid Build

Hmm. It's certainly not a bad idea... Especially cuz I can also get the amazing spiderman 2 webshooters printed. ;)

hHjjah9l.jpg

I'm currently painting these too. I'm bout to have options. I've almost finished on the asm1 shooters. In he movie there are clock gears on the disk, but for some reason I can't find my bag of gears. I'm not sure if it's worth it to buy a whole new bag. I bought small magnets and glued them onto two of the webshooters and one of the magnets onto a little wristband I made (I lost the other one somehow.)

BqpSFKyl.jpg

I just have to add a band and metal bars to the red holder thing that goes around the webshooter for when I wear it outside of the costume.
M0puSral.jpg

And of course, the indicators and big sphere in the middle glow in the dark, although you can only see the circle glowing in the picture.
GSEEZbEl.jpg

All I have to do on the actual costume now is fix very minor stitching breaks, add a pocket, add a zipper on the back of the neck, draw in some more boxes on the white part, and MAYBE puffy paint the palms of the gloves (it has a nice gripping texture.) Then this costume is finished for the convention. Nice.

Me and my friends are also going to colassalcon. I put together a pretty decent Peter Parker cosplay, a slightly unbuttoned shirt revealing a spiderman logo on a red shirt, tasm 1 webshooters, tasm 1 backpack, and a mask hanging out of my pocket.
I hope to see you there!

Me and my friends are also going to colassalcon. I put together a pretty decent Peter Parker cosplay, a slightly unbuttoned shirt revealing a spiderman logo on a red shirt, tasm 1 webshooters, tasm 1 backpack, and a mask hanging out of my pocket.
I hope to see you there!

Well I better so you there. Tell you what, there's supposedly a spider verse shoot on Saturday, June 6th. 12;30 noon on the lawn behind con ops. You should go.

THIS COSTUME IS FINISHED. I just washed it last night, dye got everywhere, it was great. The webshooters are done. The wristbands and them have their magnets. I got rid of the webs on the mask because it messed up the symmetry. So now it's drying, and the con is Thursday to Sunday. I'll have a lot of pictures for you kids. Now I can focus on this spiderman costume in 2 weeks project. :p

Well I better so you there. Tell you what, there's supposedly a spider verse shoot on Saturday, June 6th. 12;30 noon on the lawn behind con ops. You should go.

THIS COSTUME IS FINISHED. I just washed it last night, dye got everywhere, it was great. The webshooters are done. The wristbands and them have their magnets. I got rid of the webs on the mask because it messed up the symmetry. So now it's drying, and the con is Thursday to Sunday. I'll have a lot of pictures for you kids. Now I can focus on this spiderman costume in 2 weeks project. :p

I would love to go to that photoshoot, but Im only gonna be there on Friday.
D:

Well, the convention was this weekend. It was really fun. Lot's of new experiences. Now I know why it's called Colossalcon. So huge. Many more pictures will be popping up of the costume, and even a video, but sadly I didn't get really any of the back. :/ Which I'm very proud of.

WDPZW2Nl.jpg

kbxtleol.jpg

B90slQRl.jpg

The suit turned out awesome. I hope you can get your hands on a few photos with the hood up! What is next?

Oh you're right. Well, my videographer friend has a lot of the pictures in production. But here are some from a Spidey Verse shoot.

kzVd12Kl.jpg

kMVmyiXl.jpg

And I appear in this video at 0:35 and somewhere else. Then there's another one where I appear but that's whatever. :p

]What's next? Well, I'm very excited. After I do another costume for my Definitive Spiderman Thread, I'm doing a Black Panther costume. It's going to be awesome I hope. My first non Spiderman cosplay.

Attachments

• kzVd12Kl.jpg
    kzVd12Kl.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 63
  • kMVmyiXl.jpg
    kMVmyiXl.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 76
Last edited by a moderator:
Whatever you do is going to be sweet. Are you going to do your own build (like your Spiders) or go traditional for the Panther? Keep up the creativity, your builds are a lot of fun.

Thanks for the support everyone. :)

So, I am insanely proud and happy. "But why, Chase?" Because I kinda successfully made a smooth, symmetrical back spider. But it was a long hard journey. So, first I cut out what the front spider would look like. It took some measurement and paper folding, but after drawing it up and cutting it out it looked pretty good. So I traced it out on cardboard and was on my way to cutting it. (This all took like, two hours. I was watching Marvel's Daredevil at the same time though...) But guess what. Cardboard sucks booty when it comes to cutting it out for a stencil. I spent a lot of time trying to cut this spider out, then I gave up and spent a lot of time trying to cut the back spider out of the cardboard. So much time lost for nothing. D:
I realized that I had to use something other than cardboard, but I didn't have any more neourethane (which I've ordered at this point) so I was scrambling for some sturdy material that can be cut easily. GOOD NEWS. Turns out I had a sheet of silicone in my closet that I never used because it's entirely resistant to paint and glue. I pulled it out and redrew the back spider on it. Then I cut it out, which was so much easier compared to cardboard, and this was my result.

http://i.imgur.com/feQhwmWl.jpg

But then I had to work out the costume and how it will be stretched out when applying the spider. Because the zipper and fabric don't lay flat at rest, so I had to position all these weights to make it flat. Then measuring the distance of the fangs to ensure that it is symmetrical. So after I think I had it all sorted out, I mixed pearl red paint with iridescent medium and some brown paint for the back spider, and I poured it on. After a bunch of smoothing it over with paper, after taking off the stencil the spider looked awful. -.- So I threw the costume in the washer and tried again later.
Next day, I stretch it out and remove the little segmented lines in the body of the spider because they weren't doing anything but messing up the pattern. After putting the paint in a bottle and pouring it in, then smoothing it out, the spider looked much better after quickly removing the stencil. After touching up the edges and filling some parts in, the result is pretty satisfying.

http://i.imgur.com/C2I3o6Ml.jpg
Wow this is a really cool design

Whatever you do is going to be sweet. Are you going to do your own build (like your Spiders) or go traditional for the Panther? Keep up the creativity, your builds are a lot of fun.

I'm going for kind of my own build, but it'll be heavily based off of the concept art that came out. I fell in love with that design.
635501097315239668-Sputnik-Giveaway-FINAL.jpg

You know what, I'm starting to think you really are Spidey... O_________O Incredible job! You keep getting better and better!

bro i look up to you so much i wish my closet looked like yours lol i was wondering if i could do a version of your black widow spidey i would give you full creadit and i would change it up alittle i was also wondering if you have a insta gram if so what is it

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back