The Miles Morales+Spider Gwen Hybrid Build

My white hexagon film finally came in today. That means it's mask time. Especially since I need something else to do while I paint the hood. It's taking forreeeverrr. So I got my lenses, put the film on them, and glued them to the mask. Glued the frames on. And am now painting the mask. As you can see, it is still grey now but I'm going to dye it after the fact. Then I'll do the webs and red seam lines.

B44zeG5l.jpg

The lenses themselves are black, so the eyes don't appear nearly as white/silver as it could, but I wanted it to be darker.

And here's a picture of the hood from earlier. I expect to be totally done painting the white part tonight. Then I have to do the inside and try to paint it without it soaking through and messing up the white, but it'll be fine. I'm thinking of making it all glow in the dark but I'm not sure yet.

I7MSKMsl.jpg

Sorry for the lack of updates. I'm in the middle of exam and highschool is ending. But I'll get er done.

My white hexagon film finally came in today. That means it's mask time. Especially since I need something else to do while I paint the hood. It's taking forreeeverrr. So I got my lenses, put the film on them, and glued them to the mask. Glued the frames on. And am now painting the mask. As you can see, it is still grey now but I'm going to dye it after the fact. Then I'll do the webs and red seam lines.

http://i.imgur.com/B44zeG5l.jpg

The lenses themselves are black, so the eyes don't appear nearly as white/silver as it could, but I wanted it to be darker.

And here's a picture of the hood from earlier. I expect to be totally done painting the white part tonight. Then I have to do the inside and try to paint it without it soaking through and messing up the white, but it'll be fine. I'm thinking of making it all glow in the dark but I'm not sure yet.

http://i.imgur.com/I7MSKMsl.jpg

Sorry for the lack of updates. I'm in the middle of exam and highschool is ending. But I'll get er done.

Wow dude this is freaking fantastic. I love all your suit builds man! Wish I had your skills tho seriously, I'd love to have so many suits! But there's not enough connage in my area for me to even attempt more than a halloween costume

OOO baby progress feels good. After painting the whole mask with the chain link design, I dyed it with black ink, then painted on some mouth webs to the front of the mask. I made the mistake of drawing them on the mannequinn head and not on mine, so they're a bit asymmetric. :/ Shame. But after all that, I stitched in my embroidery to the mask and sprayed it with gloss coating. First time I've done embroidery lines on the mask, and it completely transforms everything. I look rather menacing with just the mask, so I can't wait to see how I will look when all is said and done.
Now the lines are a bit asymmetric but that's fixable.
QydEEfXl.png

Today, I decided to spend hours to finally know out the painting of the legs. I stuffed the tape leg model in and dyed the legs in a few places, then just want on to painting while watching Netflix on my phone, exercising, and eating. I've only finished most of the front as of now, but will do the back tonight.

before
b4weBbBl.jpg

after
FwRNreIl.jpg

So, it's coming along. I should be studying for exams and such but my college is in the bag. The best part is that SAIC (my college) has a lot of 3D printers and advanced machines for costume making. So cool things coming in the future. ;)

The legs are finished being painted. I'm sooo close. And so is the convention. After I finished painting the legs...

Some progress pic
4lD6L8Jl.jpg

I took the costume downstairs and coated it in some gloss preservation spray whatever. After coming home today, I got to work on the gloves. I ordered some yoga grip gloves as seen below. In the past I'd paint the gloves with latex but it would always wear away and rub off, so I figured this was better. And so far it is.

EnWSsCrl.jpg

5ggXoX6l.jpg

I just have to dye the gloves and paint them a little bit more. After tonight, I just have to paint the rest of the neck, paint and dye the inside of the hood, do some more drawing on the white, stitch in the embroidery lines, and put in some soles. I'm having a bit of trouble with the shoes, but we'll see what's up.

Don't misconstrue what I'm saying: I love what you are doing here. I like the Spider-Gwen and Miles' costume. However, I always felt that the Spider-Gwen was a complete rip-off of a Project Rooftop: Spider-Man from years ago. spider_man_project_rooftop_by_sketchmasterskillz-d4bxe28.jpg

Don't misconstrue what I'm saying: I love what you are doing here. I like the Spider-Gwen and Miles' costume. However, I always felt that the Spider-Gwen was a complete rip-off of a Project Rooftop: Spider-Man from years ago.

I mean... no? The only similarity is the hood. There are only so many permutations of spandex bodysuits to contend with, the presence of a similar element does not mean a wholesale rip-off.

Don't misconstrue what I'm saying: I love what you are doing here. I like the Spider-Gwen and Miles' costume. However, I always felt that the Spider-Gwen was a complete rip-off of a Project Rooftop: Spider-Man from years ago. View attachment 478430

I get what you're saying, but the same could be said about Moon Knight. But every idea possible as been thought of and expressed in some fashion, so it's not surprise that suits can have similar elements. Especially when focusing on one specific hero. That is a pretty cool costume though.

The legs are finished being painted. I'm sooo close. And so is the convention. After I finished painting the legs...

Some progress pic
http://i.imgur.com/4lD6L8Jl.jpg

I took the costume downstairs and coated it in some gloss preservation spray whatever. After coming home today, I got to work on the gloves. I ordered some yoga grip gloves as seen below. In the past I'd paint the gloves with latex but it would always wear away and rub off, so I figured this was better. And so far it is.

http://i.imgur.com/EnWSsCrl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/5ggXoX6l.jpg

I just have to dye the gloves and paint them a little bit more. After tonight, I just have to paint the rest of the neck, paint and dye the inside of the hood, do some more drawing on the white, stitch in the embroidery lines, and put in some soles. I'm having a bit of trouble with the shoes, but we'll see what's up.

Hello Iracel thank you for your inspiring builds its always a pleasure to watch your progress. May I ask you what is the spray you mentioned above? Cause I'm doing a Spiderman suit too using latex and after some days the webs turn matte. I would like my webs to be a little bit more glossy so I asked. Thank you very much!!!!!

Hello Iracel thank you for your inspiring builds its always a pleasure to watch your progress. May I ask you what is the spray you mentioned above? Cause I'm doing a Spiderman suit too using latex and after some days the webs turn matte. I would like my webs to be a little bit more glossy so I asked. Thank you very much!!!!!

Well nice. :D I just use Gloss Krylon UV archival garnish. Although I recently splurged on much much better varnish, that's what I've used for the longest time.

Update: Well, no pictures. Not really worth it at this point. I've spent many hours just drawing in the details and stitching in the embroidery. Of course, it requires a lot of thread and many trips to the art store. So I have to stop when I run out and wait to get more. But hey guys, we're close to it being finished. :0

Thank you very much! So that's just a normal varnish spray can? I was afraid that would tend to crack or make the costume rigid. Don't worry for the pics we will all wait! Do your best

Best news ever. My friend has a 3D printer. So I found webshooter files online, but sadly there was something with overhang or whatever. So he couldn't print the asm2 ones, but he did do the asm1 ones. And I'm so excited. This will be the first time I've had legit webshooters. It will transform my costumes drastically. But, not only that, turns out the college my mom works at got a huge 3D printing space, and she also printed off the asm1 webshooters. But they're doing free printing for me until July 1. ;) so, maybe I can just print off all the webshooters and whatever I want and sell them. Who knows. I'll be getting the asm2 webshooters printed though. I'm currently painting the first ones, and you can see that here.

mKOLLI2l.jpg

I took the liberty to pick different colours. I am excite.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back