Limited Run The Mandalorian: Anodized Aluminum Darksaber Hilt - UPDATE 07/08 NOW IN PRODUCTION - **RUN FULL**

Thanks for this effort. I would also like to be added to the list if spots are still available.

I 3D printed one for my Reddit Secret Santa gift and found out it broke in shipping. Metal is the way to go for looks and strength.

Attachments

• PXL_20201221_221622432.jpg
    PXL_20201221_221622432.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 137
Hello everyone,

Will be buying parts to prototype the electronics soon. I am deciding between a CFX and a Proffieboard, I am steering towards Proffie due to the open source nature of them.

What would you all prefer? The CFX is more simple to program, but the Proffie has more fonts/configs available for it.

Thoughts?

-Malibu

I was leaning towards it due to it being open source. Will have to design a discrete double button.
I don't think that would be required. I haven't gotten too into the programming yet but from my occasional reads on The Rebel Armory I believe you can use one or even no buttons these days.

Will there be an option to have a fully functional saber? With electronics fully operational?

Will there be an option to have a fully functional saber? With electronics fully operational?
No we will not be offering a fully functional saber because it is quite cost prohibitive and there are many other companies already doing so. However we will make it compatible with specific electronics and parts from specific vendors.

Hope this helps.

-Malibu

I would be interested but I'm always curious where the reference is coming from, screen shots? Official Disney photos?
I'm a sucker for accuracy if I'm going to drop the cash. Awesome project.... I'm on the fence.

I would be interested but I'm always curious where the reference is coming from, screen shots? Official Disney photos?
I'm a sucker for accuracy if I'm going to drop the cash. Awesome project.... I'm on the fence.
Screen accuracy is a goal. I personally am willing to sacrifice screen accuracy slightly for structural integrity, when the blade is attached. (since we are talking about a dueling saber) Sounds like those things were snapping like twigs on set.

However this can be a group discussion.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back