The Lost World: Jurassic Park - RV Electronics *UPDATED*

This is in reference to the prop I'm trying to identify in post # 23.

Back in 1997, Universal Studios in Orlando had an exhibit called The Lost World: Behind the Screams. It was a walk-through tour that showed costumes and props from TLW. I've only been able to find a few photos from this tour. One of the photos shows the mystery rack mounted prop on display in the exhibit.The problem is that it's a lo-res dark photo. I've brightened it the best I can, but it's still pretty much unrecognizable.

I'd really love to find hi-res photos that were taken at that exhibit back in '97 that show a close-up of that equipment.

EXHIBIT PHOTO:
View attachment 784970

SCREENSHOT FROM FILM:
View attachment 784971

SIDE-BY-SIDE COMPARISON:
View attachment 784972

I would love all those photos in high res, personally. ESPECIALLY the ones of the Worker Village. Would really help in making my map further accurate.
ingen_workers_village_by_abekowalski-d4uuc2f.jpg

I found some pics of an old traveling exhibit in Japan called Jurassic Park Institute. Part of the exhibit was titled "Vet Lab." In the background of that exhibit, on a shelf, is some equipment that looks similar to the device I'm trying to identify in post # 30. Unfortunately, the image quality isn't very good.

If it is the same type of device, perhaps it's a piece of veterinary or biology lab equipment?

JPInsittute1.jpg
JPInstitute2.jpg

COMPARISON WITH MOVIE PROP:
4comparisons.jpg

Last edited:
If I'm reading it right, the PDF shows revisions to the document from prior versions. Seems that the 230 VAC, 50 Hz, PAL version was new for '97, so perhaps the US unit was available in '96 or even '95.

Last edited:
I found a lamp that matches the one that is mounted on the rolling cart that the baby T-Rex is on. I don't know what the original brand of lamp was that was used in the film, but I found a modern one that looks identical. It is a Victory Light model VS100512B magnifier lamp.

light1.jpg
light2.jpg

lamp3.jpg
light4.jpg

Last edited:
I'm caught up on the RV videos now. It's great to see so much progress on it. Is there anything else I can help look for, besides that one mystery item?

Absent finding the real thing, maybe someone can design something that matches the screencaps so a custom piece can be made.

I'm caught up on the RV videos now. It's great to see so much progress on it. Is there anything else I can help look for, besides that one mystery item?

Absent finding the real thing, maybe someone can design something that matches the screencaps so a custom piece can be made.

The main electronics I still need to identify are the items in posts 23 & 30.

Other than that, there are other miscellaneous non-electronics items like lamps, light fixtures, furniture, equipment cases, those types of things. Franck recently asked if I knew what type of stainless steel cart they put the baby T-Rex on. I do not, so maybe that might be a good place to start.

ROLLING CART:
cart3.jpg cart2.jpg cart1.jpg

cart6.jpg cart5.jpg cart4.jpg

To me, it looks like the cart might have a brand logo or badge on the front, centered above the middle drawer.

Last edited:
These items also need to be identified:

PLASTIC CASES:
Case3.jpg Case2.jpg Case1.jpg Case4.jpg Case5.jpg casesmore.jpg casesmore2.jpg

LAMPS:
Lamp1.jpg Lamp2.jpg Lamp3.jpg Lamp4.jpg

Lamp5.jpg Lamp6.jpg Lamp7.jpg

LIGHT FIXTURES:
I can't recall if the recessed lighting fixtures were removed after filming. I believe they were.
lights2.jpg lights1.jpg

Last edited:
By the way, have you identified the tabletop monitors?

Thanks for your help! There were actually some CRT monitors and keyboards left in the RV, but I haven't compared them to see if they match the ones shown in the film.

10923515_788784287855255_1382136350644895842_n.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-01-08 at 1.06.43 PM.png

EDIT: I just took another look at those screengrabs. These monitors don't look like the same ones that were used in the RV. I'm not exactly sure what these ones were used for.

Last edited:
I'll look for that stuff. By the way, have you identified the tabletop monitors?

Also, there's this intercom looking device on the walls. Kind of looks like this, but not exactly.

Vintage Realistic Plug'n Talk FM Wireless Intercom Model 43-207B TESTED WORKING | eBay

Or this...

https://www.voiceactivatedassistant...7/07/screen-shot-2017-07-22-at-7-42-45-pm.png

Here's some more shots of that intercom device. There's also another light fixture I haven't identified yet.

misc.jpg
intercom1.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, I think the CRT monitors might be Compaq 151FS 15-inch monitors. It's the most similar model I've been able to find.

compaq151fs-1.jpg
compaq151fs-2.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back