The Last of Us HBO Joel Thread

Are we starting a new thread for season 2?
I would say to keep it all here.

For any of you who are interested in Joel's belt, i finally tried mine after having bought it almost half a year ago. Oops. I use pants in size 32 and all my other belts are a size 34, so i went with a size 85 as it's supposedly the same as a 34. Welp, i can barely get it on at the last notch, so i'd recommend to consider sizing up a size or even 2! The belt itself though is great! Looks great and feels great, thinner than i initially thought.
Worth the price if you get it in a size that fits you :p
1709391719312.png

I would say to keep it all here.

For any of you who are interested in Joel's belt, i finally tried mine after having bought it almost half a year ago. Oops. I use pants in size 32 and all my other belts are a size 34, so i went with a size 85 as it's supposedly the same as a 34. Welp, i can barely get it on at the last notch, so i'd recommend to consider sizing up a size or even 2! The belt itself though is great! Looks great and feels great, thinner than i initially thought.
Worth the price if you get it in a size that fits you :p
View attachment 1795530
Congrats, looks great. I know we'd messaged a few times back and forth about purchasing one, would very much still appreciate the assistance in getting one if you're still offering.

Yes please, because i got some good news. Hynes Eagle do OEM orders and can make alterations to there original backpack. I would like to see what interest there would be for theses to finalize order Qty and price.
Update.

I received samples of the Hynes Eagle backpack with some changes. Now unfortunately the added the totally incorrect straps, but the material and build looks great.
It looks more like the one in the game with the leather buckle.

16oz Canvas fabric and real leather buckle.

Would there be much interest in this?
(obviously with the correct straps)

Production MOQ is 500 but the price would be between €60-€80.

Attachments

• IMG_8223.jpeg
    IMG_8223.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_8227.jpeg
    IMG_8227.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_8224.jpeg
    IMG_8224.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_8225.jpeg
    IMG_8225.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_8226.jpeg
    IMG_8226.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_4576.png
    IMG_4576.png
    2 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_8214.jpeg
    IMG_8214.jpeg
    316.5 KB · Views: 36
Update.

I received samples of the Hynes Eagle backpack with some changes. Now unfortunately the added the totally incorrect straps, but the material and build looks great.
It looks more like the one in the game with the leather buckle.

16oz Canvas fabric and real leather buckle.

Would there be much interest in this?
(obviously with the correct straps)

Production MOQ is 500 but the price would be between €60-€80.
Interested. I just bought another off poshmark (the one closer to the first backpack look) and quality is great. Would order another in a heartbeat.

Interested. I just bought another off poshmark (the one closer to the first backpack look) and quality is great. Would order another in a heartbeat.
Jameel’s has been amazing.

Made a few mods, but it being in 18oz waxed canvas has been amazing.

It’s definitely on the more expensive side, but a near 1:1 replica of the exact backpack on the show.

Jameel’s has been amazing.

Made a few mods, but it being in 18oz waxed canvas has been amazing.

It’s definitely on the more expensive side, but a near 1:1 replica of the exact backpack on the show.
Ya Jameel’s is amazing looking.
I was thinking of doing one like TLOU2 game backpack.

Jameel has done a perfect job on the TV show replica, and you won’t get better than that.

Alright, so here’s the thing. I made some mods to Jameel’s bag. The darker webbing I replaced with stronger tighter cotton webbing, then hand waxed them to give them a rustic/used look.

I also modded the webbing to come down further down the strap, closer to the end of the straps (which looks a lot better, because in majority of the shots, you can see the webbing on the strap and the D-rings coming down from over the shoulder).

The waxed canvas I had to ship to him to cut in to the backpack (which honestly probably wasn’t used for the show), but man does the color look perfect, and it holds together like a bulletproof vest (though it does retain its shape, it isn’t too boxy that it looks dorky) - which is honestly a fabric Joel would have chosen and used for a fabric - more likely than a simple cotton.

I did get the main button enclosure corrected to match the screenshots from the show (the shape) and changed the button snap to a stronger one (even had to swap the canvas strap that holds it).

I also added a leather draw string slide for the drawstrings.

I did make one flaw or an upgrade: I added resin to the end knots of the drawstrings - mistake. They don’t look the greatest.

Given the above mods, I’m happy with all of them except the mods to the drawstring.

I have scoured every available resource, and cannot get perfect confirmations for the exact top of the bag - it’s literally an unknown territory, but judging from a few screenshots I was able to pull from the show, it’s my best guess.

Want to make this the most accurate reproduction, so if you guys have contacts or photos, please share!

Let me know if you guys have any questions or suggestions!

***** ALSO****
This will have an internal pocket insert, because I will be adding a diaper bag insert for my daughter I’m expecting at the end of the month!!

So I might be radio silent for a couple of weeks if not a few months!

IMG_2853.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2834.jpeg
    IMG_2834.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2835.jpeg
    IMG_2835.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2836.jpeg
    IMG_2836.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2837.jpeg
    IMG_2837.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2842.png
    IMG_2842.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2841.jpeg
    IMG_2841.jpeg
    1,008.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2840.jpeg
    IMG_2840.jpeg
    662.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2839.jpeg
    IMG_2839.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2838.jpeg
    IMG_2838.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2843.jpeg
    IMG_2843.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2844.jpeg
    IMG_2844.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2845.jpeg
    IMG_2845.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2846.png
    IMG_2846.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2852.jpeg
    IMG_2852.jpeg
    573.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2851.jpeg
    IMG_2851.jpeg
    430.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2850.jpeg
    IMG_2850.jpeg
    425.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2849.jpeg
    IMG_2849.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2848.jpeg
    IMG_2848.jpeg
    934.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2847.jpeg
    IMG_2847.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:
I also have someone on Etsy that makes rifle slings - and sent them measurements and photos to recreate exact copies of his Remington 700 BDL one. I’ll let you know when they’re up!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back