The Last Jedi Screening WARNING SPOILERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully, that passes your smell test.

No, it doesn't, does it pass yours? It reads like what every faker says, a variant on, 'just trust me.' But as I noted, that's not as much an issue as much as it sounds some people are familiar with the scooper and him being at the premiere doesn't sound plausible.

At any rate, I'm sure we'll find out shortly.

As for the influx of users like myself, well, this what happens when you have the sole person (I'm aware of) supposedly spoiling ep 8. But I definitely plan to stick around too because I never even knew this board existed, but to say it aligns with my interests would be an understatement!

- - - Updated - - -

dbuck, you also saw the film? So you can confirm all the spoilers are true?

No, it doesn't, does it pass yours? It reads like what every faker says, a variant on, 'just trust me.' But as I noted, that's not as much an issue as much as it sounds some people are familiar with the scooper and him being at the premiere doesn't sound plausible.

At any rate, I'm sure we'll find out shortly.

As for the influx of users like myself, well, this what happens when you have the sole person (I'm aware of) supposedly spoiling ep 8. But I definitely plan to stick around too because I never even knew this board existed, but to say it aligns with my interests would be an understatement!

Hopefully you do stick around, this is a great place with a lot of very cool, talented folks!

And dbuck already confirmed that Pawn was legit earlier in the thread or rather that he is not a liar.

I think what has been shared here sounds horrible and my initial reaction was that I didn't want to see this movie now. That being said, I agree with you. I have not seen the film, but imagine some parts of ESB or ROTJ leaking like this beforehand. It would sound HORRIBLE on paper. Obi-Wan was a liar, Leia likes Luke but falls in love with Han, Luke spends half the movie with a little green man in a swamp, Han gets frozen dead into a Popsicle, Vader is Luke's father and Leia is his twin sister. Imagine reading that stuff before seeing ESB for the first time not knowing anything. Context is everything.

Question for you: Was the thing you found to prequely mentioned by Pawn here?

I don’t know. I have skimmed this thread but that’s it. I disagree with a little of the OP’s take on some things, but I’m not breaking down anything until after the actual release. But the prequel-y thing to me was an entire place and sequence and needed a bit of tweaking. Just too CGI. I half expected Hayden to show up.

I don’t know. I have skimmed this thread but that’s it. I disagree with a little of the OP’s take on some things, but I’m not breaking down anything until after the actual release.

Fair enough, thank you!

Ok, so I'm a moron for not seeing dbuck's earlier comments. Thanks for the confirmation, and I definitely plan on seeing it with fresh eyes. None of these spoilers bother me that much, tho I can understand why they are upsetting to some. If anything, what's got me concerned is seeing a few people say it drags. I love the Lucas (and Abrams EP7) 'always leave them wanting more' cut of a SW film.

Ok, so I'm a moron for not seeing dbuck's earlier comments. Thanks for the confirmation, and I definitely plan on seeing it with fresh eyes. None of these spoilers bother me that much, tho I can understand why they are upsetting to some. If anything, what's got me concerned is seeing a few people say it drags. I love the Lucas (and Abrams EP7) 'always leave them wanting more' cut of a SW film.

I wouldn't say you're a moron. My initial reaction reading the first post of this thread was it was BS. It is easy to let your emotions get you wound up. But then I thought about it and realized that there was very little context and even as the thread went on, some of these things were open to interpretation and others could be fleshed out by Episode 9 to have entirely different meaning. I mean if every spoiler here is true, look at how different TFA will seem in retrospect. I am starting to really believe that this is why they warned people to avoid spoilers, perhaps it simply is a film you have to see to "Get."

I think the biggest problems people are having are the use of Luke and the 'wasted opportunity' of Snoke, so I'm not sure the actual film will alleviate some of the hate, if anything, it's only going to get louder as more fanboys and girls see it, but hopefully the sheer spectacle of the film will still please the majority. It does sound like they didn't have much of a plan, and no matter how it plays out on screen, even I'm gonna be a little bummed at how the OT heroes were ultimately used in these films, but I'll still try to judge it as its own beast. This is the problem with using characters people have attachments to I guess.

I agree with you. Rey being Luke's long lost child would have made a good story and given him a legacy as well. A lot of the long time fans will be upset by this.I would have been fine with even Finn or Rose being Luke's kid; better than lonely broken Luke on an island in the middle of nowhere.

Where's Lucas when we need him? Should have listed to his input SMH

I'm guessing George had a bare bones outline for Ep 7-9, but I can't wait til the day when we find out what his plans were for the films. Maybe they'll adapt them to comic books like they did with his original 'Starkiller' Star Wars script. Tho it is strange they completely shut him out. I get not wanting him anywhere near the director or writer's chair, but the guy IS Star Wars, to shun the creator of it would be like wanting to create new Lord of the Rings book while Tolkien was still alive and dismissing him.

During the screening I was surrounded by the biggest fans there are and there were reacting to the heroic, shocking, funny, and sad moments with all the appropriate fist pumps, jaw drops, and oooooohs.. The audience probably reacted pretty much how the filmmakers expected.

Maybe you won’t like porgs, or whatever else.
Maybe your heroes don’t have the life you wish they had.

What we did get is worth watching. After we all see it then let’s go to town on the minute discussion on every single aspect.

I don’t know. I have skimmed this thread but that’s it. I disagree with a little of the OP’s take on some things, but I’m not breaking down anything until after the actual release. But the prequel-y thing to me was an entire place and sequence and needed a bit of tweaking. Just too CGI. I half expected Hayden to show up.

Could you at least confirm in spoiler tag or whatever if Rey is actually Random and Kylo kills Snoke?

I would be really greatfull.

I'd say the fact dbuck is here not contradicting anything said by thePawn, only that he might have a different interpretation of some scenes, is all the confirmation you need, SWSpoilers

Thank you! Someone else who isn't getting suckered in by a bunch of new bells and whistles. Obviously Disney is making something for a new generation and the original fans like us are second fiddle. We don't matter anymore. We're the past, not the future. Lucas absolutely made a mistake by selling, but I've always suspected that he did it because of the way the fans treated him over the prequels. So this is what all the prequels haters get in return. Hope they're happy. I'll take ANY prequel over this crap. If Lucas wasn't going to make these himself they should have followed his direction or just done the anthology films and left the saga alone. Rogue One was perfect. The one thing I'm dying to see are Lucas' story treatments that Disney tossed into the trash. From what I've heard, the character that ended up becoming Rey was also a Skywalker, but the story started while she was much younger.

Hi, dbuck.

Is Pawn correct about the general plot points?

Thank you, sir.

I'd say the fact dbuck is here not contradicting anything said by thePawn, only that he might have a different interpretation of some scenes, is all the confirmation you need, SWSpoilers

Yup. I don’t necessarily agree with all the OP’s interpretations. You know, a certain point of view and all that. You may view some things completely differently. I might after a second viewing.

And I’m not answering spoiler questions via pm. Everyone can stop asking. You only have a few more days to wait.

So, what do you Reddit guys do if this whole thread is one giant troll
Job?

Last edited:
If this leak is true then this is my biggest issue. I was fine with Rey being unrelated if her parents actually mattered. The entire setup in TFA and subsequent 2 years of speculation is null if they were random nobodies. They could have outright stated that in TFA and it would not have made a difference and I could have been fine with that but instead they *intentionally* made it ambiguous hinting that there was an answer to come and I suppose it was supposed to be a surprise that there was no answer but to me it is horrendous writing.

I'm not surprised. JJ does this sort of thing. (star trek)

Wow... if all this is true, I feel sorry for my kids. They are 7 and 12 and absolutely love Star Wars. For most of the kids in our neighborhood Luke Skywalker is still Star Wars, and Disney's path of exorcising any link to the OT is a travesty. So much goodwill and potential wasted. Now everything that happened in the OT is for not, wasted and meaningless. I guess the old saying is true, you can never go back home again.

This is worse than any of the PT dribble. I never thought I'd be wishing for Lucas to be back. I guess they just should have left it all alone and set it 100 years in the future.

***Edit*** Of course Rey could always pull him back from the netherworld as was planned for Obi-Wan in Revenge of a Jedi, then Sebastian Stan can take over as a younger Luke!

-OWK

Last edited:
If this isn't true then it's the greatest internet troll of all time. For the record I'm a believer. Pawn has had the attention of all of Reddit and beyond these past few days

Yup. I don’t necessarily agree with all the OP’s interpretations. You know, a certain point of view and all that. You may view some things completely differently. I might after a second viewing.

And I’m not answering spoiler questions via pm. Everyone can stop asking. You only have a few more days to wait.

So, what do you Reddit guys do if this whole thread is one giant troll
Job?

I'm not a Reddit guy obviously but I think I can answer this... 99% of them crawl back to the pits of Reddit from whence they came. Maybe we get a 1 or 2 new members here as a result.

If this is an elaborate troll job I will laugh hysterically and applaud you guys and go back to reading about and researching props which is why I originally came here as a lurker years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back