The Last Jedi Screening WARNING SPOILERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all true! I got confirmation from a friend I know for a fact was at the premier, she has pics and video, and she confirmed everything I asked that was mentioned in this thread, she was all like how do you know all this LOL! So no He's not trolling anyone or BSing in anyway.

Is this pawn guy lying? Who knows. Does it really matter? It sounds more like people aren't exactly angry over the fact that he's lying, but angry over the plot information they're being given, well, because.....it's bad. It goes against everything George Lucas created. It's downright blasphemy. People on here are calling this guy's spoilers stupid fanfic......let's get something straight......It IS fan fiction!! Did George Lucas write this? How about The Force Awakens? No, Disney shunned him. So, seeing that the man himself has nothing to do with these movies kinda makes all of this illegitimate, wanna be Star Wars. I for one believe everything Pawn has said. It all fits into my own gut feeling after walking out after TFA. TFA was the film that would give the whiney prequel haters what they wanted, while the next one would turn the Star Wars universe on it's head and send hardcore fans running for the hills.....begging for George Lucas to return. This is horrible. All the reactions have been positive? Ok, but are these reactions coming from hardcore fans or casual ones. My guess is casual. Ugh! Luke dies when the force is drained from him by projecting himself in a battle with Kylo Ren? What is this garbage? Luke isn't Rey's father and her parents were insignificant. The only Skywalker offspring is this lame, moody emo punk? Come on people! This sucks! The Star Wars saga ended 12 years ago...PERIOD. How does everyone like the new Star Wars now? Good god I hope he IS lying, but again I'm going with my gut here, and my gut is telling me to trust this, because I've been fearing for close to two years now that what was coming next was the death of Star Wars.....I love the 6 real movies, but I can't condone these shenanigans. Please be wrong Pawn......and if he isn't.........BRING BACK GEORGE LUCAS

Well, it is done then. The Star Wars Lucas created that we all fell in love with is dead. One question. Did your friend confirm the bit about Finn breaking character and looking straight into the camera? If so I'm walking the **** out!

- - - Updated - - -

I would imagine the shot of Lukes hand coming out of the rubble is part of the flashback of his Jedi academy being destroyed.

Get ready folks. On December 14th Star Wars' obituary will be written by the fans. Like The Phantom Menace, this one is gonna be a film you either absolutely love or absolutely hate. And the fans like myself who have been around since the inception of the series are going to absolutely hate it

- - - Updated - - -

Where is everyone? WAKE UP LOL

You have to see the movie. Luke never leaves Ach to and is able to meditate and prohect an image of himself across the galaxy. Again this will cause some fans to go WTF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't Mother Talzin have a similar power, traveling to other planets through the spirit realm? Can't wait to see this!

Didn't Mother Talzin have a similar power, traveling to other planets through the spirit realm? Can't wait to see this!

What are you referring to? More fan fiction? You're excited to see this? Excited to see Luke Skywalker die? Without wielding his green lightsaber once? How old are you?? I'm 40, the same age as the franchise. I grew up with Luke Skywalker. If you were born in between 1967-1978 Luke Skywalker was your hero growing up . The character got his deserved happy ending at the end of Jedi. Let the guy live in peace. To have him die off like this is......well......cheap. The very existence of these movies to quote Yoda "destroys everything for which they fought and suffered"

What are you referring to? More fan fiction? You're excited to see this? Excited to see Luke Skywalker die? Without wielding his green lightsaber once? How old are you?? I'm 40, the same age as the franchise. I grew up with Luke Skywalker. If you were born in between 1967-1978 Luke Skywalker was your hero growing up . The character got his deserved happy ending at the end of Jedi. Let the guy live in peace. To have him die off like this is......well......cheap. The very existence of these movies to quote Yoda "destroys everything for which they fought and suffered"

I never once said I was excited to see Luke Skywalker die!!!!

It was just a comment about seeing a force power from the Clone Wars animation,made pre-disney acquisition, make it to the big screen.

Am 40 myself and grew up loving Star Wars so get over yourself and don't assume every poster is some neophyte disney new canon fan!

Last edited:
If this is legitimate, I expect that most fans will hate it. As in, when you talk to fellow Star Wars fans, no one you talk to will like it. Yet, it will probably have a suspiciously high score on Rotten Tomatoes.

I never once said I was excited to see Luke Skywalker die!!!!

It was just a comment about seeing a force power from the Clone Wars animation,made pre-disney acquisition, make it to the big screen.

Am 40 myself and grew up loving Star Wars so get over yourself and don't assume every poster is some neophyte disney new canon fan!

Fair enough. Sadly, I feel like this one is gonna tick off a lot of fans and Abrams is gonna have to turn around and make another "safe" picture like he did with TFA awakens to appease the prequel haters. Personally I'm all about tradition and formula and obviously they have broken away from both here. Rey should be Lukes daughter. Yeah, it's totally expected, but so what. It makes for a better story, the good Skywalker offspring vs the bad Skywalker offspring. Rey represents what Anakin could have become while Kylo Ren represents what he did become. Family against family. I don't know. In my opinion that's much more epic than what we're getting.

Fair enough. Sadly, I feel like this one is gonna tick off a lot of fans and Abrams is gonna have to turn around and make another "safe" picture like he did with TFA awakens to appease the prequel haters. Personally I'm all about tradition and formula and obviously they have broken away from both here. Rey should be Lukes daughter. Yeah, it's totally expected, but so what. It makes for a better story, the good Skywalker offspring vs the bad Skywalker offspring. Rey represents what Anakin could have become while Kylo Ren represents what he did become. Family against family. I don't know. In my opinion that's much more epic than what we're getting.

I agree with you. Rey being Luke's long lost child would have made a good story and given him a legacy as well. A lot of the long time fans will be upset by this.I would have been fine with even Finn or Rose being Luke's kid; better than lonely broken Luke on an island in the middle of nowhere.

Last edited:
Pawn, couple questions about Finn and Poe: Is Finn's injury ever addressed/important? Content months ago said it would continue to hurt him, is this true? Is the same true for Kylo? Or is the damage kinda forgotten/left alone? What else does Finn do besides go to Crait and fight Phasma? Is he ever separated from Rose or are they together the whole story?

In the BTS reel, we see Poe slip sliding on some surface into a trench of some sort and then red dirt explodes above him. Is there context for this? What's happening around him?

Do Finn and Poe have much interaction time? You said the door is left wide open for 9, is this because of a lack of any romance or suggestions in all directions? Like, do we see Poe give Finn another Distinctly Gay look while they talk?

Well, if all of this is true... I was a little apprehensive going into TFA, but I have full blown reservations about this one. I've got my tickets, so clearly I'm going, but I don't know how much I'll like it.

Prawn, thanks for being so kind and answering all our questions. I have a few questions about the movie:

Does Connix have any interesting character development in the movie or is she simply a background figure?

Does Poe say anything about the ring and chain around his neck that we see in posters and trailers. A related question, is there any hint of a potential future romance between Rey and Poe?

Do Unkar Plutt or pirates other than Maz appear in the film?

Been a really long minute since been on therpf, but new movie pulled me back in. This flood of newbies and reddit like atmosphere is a really big turnoff.
Don't think the Pawn is trolling, just trying to remember everything that happened after one action packed viewing. Remember Pawn in some previous threads, on the level.
Asked a dude from CO who said his friend went to LA Premier in another unrelated online Community (NT) and he said pretty much same things.
While I hope some plot details are different, both posts are similar. Just want a good Story. We'll all know soon.

Had feeling Luke was being portrayed as a crotchedly Old Man. No Snoke origin is bad plot hole. Terrible. Rey parents as Nobodies been guessed. Terribe. Phasma death is minor disappointment cause her character STILL hasn't done anything on screen. Terrible.
Ending leaves a free for all.

Wow, I tried not to bias anyone’s opinion about the movie before they see it and develop their own opinion. Some of these questions I really don’t remember as they involve minor characters or things I just didn’t notice or care about.

There are elements of this film where OT fans will go WTF. I remember watching Superman as a kid and seeing Zod fly through space and speak. I knew that was impossible but still enjoyed Superman II.

Same here, when Leia gets blown into Space, it’s a WTF moment because she lives. Could have been a good point to kill her off since she won’t be back for 9 but hey she’s a Jedi with Superman powers so what do I know. This isn’t real Sci Fi. LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Makes you wonder, from purely a story POV, what the point of the Luke/Matrix twist is.
It's not a twist ending if the outcome is the same.

I really suspect that the new crop of filmmakers are not as good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back