Interest The King's Man Duke Of Oxford Leather Coat!

Jameel Ur

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey folks,

I'm seeing who wants The King's Man- Brown Leather coat. I'm working with Zlurpo on this project.
I and Zlurpo going to start working on this great leather coat very soon.

I'm offering leather coat.
A hood( optional).
Knives pocket (optional)
The knives.
I'm offering likely two collar option, Screen used high size collar and regular collar( for daily use).
I'm not eligible to use screen accurate buttons so I'll use regular 4 holes matching buttons.
Price,
The coat price would be $350 including shipping.
For Hood $40
For knives with pocket (I'll update here soon).

Edit: The final coat price would be $390 including shipping, and both collar option are available.
kings-man-excl-crop.jpg

Last edited:
Just a couple of things. Its far too long. It should only be a few inches longer than the sleeve. When wearing the coat you can actually feel the hem with your fingers and curl them under the hem when standing with a straight arm. The map pocket looks too big too. But if you fix the length, then the proportions around the button spacing and map pocket size will become that much easier to place and make more accurate. Apart from that you have done a great job catching the detail.

Oh, the collar too. Needs ribbing to be added so it retains its shape better.

F60F7F00-05E9-447E-9F06-5F4B4E90C37E.png
99A77F0F-48A5-4A47-92D5-5F7DA5ED562D.png

Thank you Oxford to correct me, and sharing the good reference.
You are right I missed the length, map pocket looks slightly big to me too.
I think collar needs curve shape( curve shape panels) instead ribbing.

Last edited:
The only reason I call it ribbing is because it had wire inserts stitched in and leather reinforcements to help keep the shape constant with hugging the neck and skull. Which isn’t really practical on a coat that will see real wear.

Using the wire in leather garments especially in collar is common in fashion industry even denim jackets.
It keeps your leather collar lineup or any shape.
Although I haven't used any wire in jackets so far but I know it's practical.
I'll look into that, how can I create a collar with same shape.

What I mean is, it’s not practical with this collar as it’s too tall. For real wear you wouldn’t want the collar wired up in that position all the time. You wouldnt be able fold it back. Works and looks great in the film, but in the real world, it will look ridiculous stuck up like that. That’s why when it was redisigned as a ready to wear garment for Mr Porter, they reduced it completely. It’s great for cosplay.

Last edited:
Oh yes, I understand.
I was working on movie version coat as this coat complete with all detail I'll replace the collar and would add regular collar for daily use.

Hey guys,
What kind of lining should we use in whole coat?
Heavy Cotton (as like inside collar) or light weight cotton or polyester/ satin?

That looks fantastic!
Could you get a pic of the new smaller collar popped up while the coat is open in the front?

The map pocket might just need some fine tuning on the position and shape/size. It’s more of a rectangle shape than square.

ED764F9A-5B71-4352-8E94-09EAAD7C1285.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back