The King’s Man (Kingsman Prequel)

...Besides, I'd think it would make for a good story showing Eggsy try to balance marriage and still being a Kingsman.

If they hadn't essentially already done that in number 2, by showing how it was putting a big strain on his performance of both duties, I'd be down for it. But as it stands, we've seen that story, and it didn't work well for either "job"

I don't think marriage is a sign of leaving the organization. His dad was married, after all...

Marriage wasn't the issue, Marriage to a princess was; along with all the duties that came with that, even though they'd mostly be "keeping up appearances" responsibilities like the UK royals, as opposed to actually being in charge. She was also notable enough from being a royal survivor of Valentines kidnappings, that her husband would be too well known to be a Kingsman style spy.

Egerton confirmed he will not return for the third installment but told fans of the franchise he would still portray the character in future installments beyond Kingsman 3.

Well, that's me gutted.

Hope they at least bring back Merlin.

Though most sites are referring to this movie as Kingsman 3, the third installment releasing next year is the prequel set in 1918, so it's more like a spin-off. Actual Kingsman 3 will follow later and will feature Eggsy with Taron Egerton. Mark Millar confirmed this last week.

Early reports suggested that Kingsman 3 and The Great Game were going to be filmed back-to-back and Kingsman 3 would introduce two new leads via flashbacks who will then be the focus in the spinoff. But now looks like they are filming and releasing The Great Game in 2019 first, followed by Kingsman 3 in 2020/2021.

I will be merging this thread later with the existing thread. (Once I figure out how with these new settings).

D9bukHoVUAA7HHG.jpg

“As a collection of history’s worst tyrants and criminal masterminds gather to plot a war to wipe out millions, one man must race against time to stop them. Discover the origins of the very first independent intelligence agency in The King’s Man…”

So set just before WWI apparently, as we know the organization was founded in the Aftermath of the Great War. But since we know the War wasn't stopped, I'm curious to see how this plays out.

So set just before WWI apparently, as we know the organization was founded in the Aftermath of the Great War. But since we know the War wasn't stopped, I'm curious to see how this plays out.

Depends. Wouldn't be the first movie where "a great war was avoided", but was still followed by WWI; the second RDJ Sherlock flick had them stopping the evildoers plans, but the world was on the path to war one way or another; the heroes had only delayed the war, and made it less likely to destroy the entire world.

Means getting hold of an antique Steyr and a load of brass machining though. The KM mk1 isn’t like the KM mk5 as it doesn’t fire shotgun shells from the underbarrel. It fires flares.

Means getting hold of an antique Steyr and a load of brass machining though. The KM mk1 isn’t like the KM mk5 as it doesn’t fire shotgun shells from the underbarrel. It fires flares.

It makes sense, the under barrel looked huge! Is it a Steyr 1912 or an 1909?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back