The Green Hornet (1966) - Hornet Sting

Skyler101

Sr Member
Hey RPF,

I have been going back to some of the classic TV and movies and have been grooving on the 1966 TV version of The Green Hornet!!! I wish there was more than just one season, and re-watching the series has now lit a fire under my butt to add some props form the show into my collection.

Right now I have just finished the Gas Gun, and I would love to add a Hornet Sting! Does anyone have any plans or mesurments of the prop thy can share? Thinking of using some think PVC pipe to make it, but depending on the size, mught have to go with something else. I know that there is a licenced prop version out there, but at $800+ for it, I'd ralther make my own (more fun that way!)

Let's see if we can get this iconic but underappreciated prop a new lease of life. Any help or direction is appreciated.

-Skyler101

Attachments

• Hornet sting.jpg
    Hornet sting.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 77
  • -6038107490471803794.jpg
    -6038107490471803794.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 75
I've been trying to find a machinist that can help me with building a metal one. There is a trick to making it so that the end of the sting, in the extended form, doesn't droop. A drooping sting is not a good thing!! The Factory Entertainment version is really nice although not screen accurate...and at $500 not something I want to carry around at a convention!

I've been trying to find a machinist that can help me with building a metal one. There is a trick to making it so that the end of the sting, in the extended form, doesn't droop. A drooping sting is not a good thing!! The Factory Entertainment version is really nice although not screen accurate...and at $500 not something I want to carry around at a convention!
I know some people who specialize in metalwork.
I'm trying to work out a few things, but if your open to it, send me a PM and lets see what we can make happen.

Lets make sure that the final effect is not a droopy stinger!

-Skyler101

Some people asked about the Hornet Gas Gun I made, so here are some pics!

I just have to paint the pressure gauge and I will call it done.

- Skyler101

Attachments

• E2B6A264-85F0-43D1-8DB5-080D2EFF9EDA.jpeg
    E2B6A264-85F0-43D1-8DB5-080D2EFF9EDA.jpeg
    6.6 MB · Views: 79
  • 3C946D16-81BB-486E-A4AD-A2F045FADA01.jpeg
    3C946D16-81BB-486E-A4AD-A2F045FADA01.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 55
I'm sure you could but if you are going for accuracy it needs to be 1" in diameter and 12" long with 5 more telescoping segments extending to 32". Most of the batons I've seen only have 3 segments and the longest is about 26". Guess it just depends on how much you want to stay with the original.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back