The Force Awakens Stromtrooper Blaster Disscusion Thread

It's still not as bad as every single gun in the PT! :lol

Not hardly. I'll agree the TPM blasters sucked. The Jango blasters, Grievious blaster, Clone carbine, Battledroid blasters, etc. were way better. These look, like the trooper, like they would be in a SW themed Apple commercial.

It's just as crappy as that Stormtrooper design deserves. It doesn't surprise me after the crappy props in the new ST. BUT it's not as bad as that ridiculously stupid lightsaber. Remember how cool Maul showing up in the hangar, igniting his second blade? Well we get this guy with it's dumb little mini lightsaber guards.

Not hardly. I'll agree the TPM blasters sucked. The Jango blasters, Grievious blaster, Clone carbine, Battledroid blasters, etc. were way better. These look, like the trooper, like they would be in a SW themed Apple commercial.

It's just as crappy as that Stormtrooper design deserves. It doesn't surprise me after the crappy props in the new ST. BUT it's not as bad as that ridiculously stupid lightsaber. Remember how cool Maul showing up in the hangar, igniting his second blade? Well we get this guy with it's dumb little mini lightsaber guards.

I don't like any of the blasters you mentioned, although I guess they're better than the new stormie blaster, yeah. Different strokes for different folks :)

Well I mean, to me, though they look more like a Stormtrooper blaster than this. Out of all of the Prequel blasters (maybe minus Jango), they would fit right in the OT.

I believe all of the Blasters in the Star Wars Universe lost a degree of believability after the decision was made not to base them on blank firing weapons. I point out Padmé's blaster in Phantom Menace. :facepalm

Now a bit more on topic... I honestly think that the blasters fit with the Imperial look. Think about it. Imperial technology always seems to be shiny and new in comparison to everything else in the universe. The new trooper blaster matches the armor, and thus giving the image of strength and power. Style over Substance.

In the battle of Stalingrad, the German Soldier had the better "looking" uniform, but the Soviet Soldier rarely froze to death. The Germans did.

In that sense, I like these new blasters. And I may end up building one in the long run.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reminds me too much of the Hasbro b/w E-11 blaster

Hasbro_e-11.jpg

I'm curious if the scope used is a commercial 1-4x or something like that with some added flourish or just a milled piece. Let's pray it isn't a Nightforce or something like that.

After staring unflinchingly at a screen grab of the blaster, I'm starting to like it. It is definitely E-11 in design and looks every bit to be Sterling based but with the mag well flipped. Now, it may not be an actual Sterling, but the design is there. Gawd, I can't wait for the toys and models for this movie to come out!!

Attachments

• Screen%20Shot%202014-11-28%20at%209_56_43%20AM.png
    Screen%20Shot%202014-11-28%20at%209_56_43%20AM.png
    304.9 KB · Views: 391
Definitely Sterling based, albeit probably on a scan of one that has been 3D modeled and altered then printed cast etc. I'd bet there are otherwise no found parts at all. I do like it.

In the next shot, we get a good look at the right thigh: no holster but a strange greeblie - doesn't necessarily look like the blaster clips on, but maybe! Also can see a little of the front of the blaster in right front troopers hand...
screenCrop.jpg

So is JJ going to give me credit for being the 1st to flip the mag well years ago? Got some 501st flack years ago for doing it and they said the blaster wouldn't be allowed

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417279787.404206.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417279803.062845.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417279809.160511.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

** I say the above about getting cred in jest... i think it's funny I'm vindicated years later :) **

Look its 30 years later. The Government adopted the M16 in 1967 (I think) but todays M4 looks different. Time passes, weapons change. That being said JJ did manage to frak up the Phaser LOL

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think there will be any found parts on this. Those days are over, 3D printers killed it.
I love the new flip phasers.

I really really hope Han's DL-44 hasn't gotten too bad.

I don't mind the 2 tone black and white, but the scope and lights look klind of dumb.

Also, not really sure how I feel about the stock.

If the empire is struggling to keep its feet above the water, they shouldn't really have too much flashy, new stuff lol.

What about the scope? Maybe is it a real one like some that can be found on the ASG market? Btw i like that weapon! Also i like the lights added.
View attachment 410570

I feel like it does have a good chance at being a real scope with some chrome accents added. It looks similar to the one you posted. Perhaps they also chopped down the front a bit like they did on a few OT blasters.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back