The Force Awakens Millennium Falcon Projects

Nice paint job, J. Top notch.

Am I the only one who always notices the cut out around the two rectangular thingamabobs connecting the mandibles to the hull? The Bandai kit has the hull formed around those pieces when they should look more like their resting on top of the surface. It's not a big deal, but I see it every time I look at the kit.

^ That mildly irritates me, as well.

Also, what the heck kind of plastic is thing made of?
It ain't polystyrene, 'cause my glue ain't sticking. :angry

Oh yah - gorgeous paint job, Jaitea.

Thank you very much guys,....when you sleep on it & see what you did the night before, you question your decisions,...whether it was the light source or tiredness,....dunno.....but there are a few things i'm not happy with

Yep CJ.....I posted an image of that 'Fathead' top view a few pages ago,....after SteveStarkiller posted the huge image he discovered: #259
Here it is again with the background blackened:
Asset%20Top_zpsbtedsd1z.jpg

Thanks guys
J

Thank you very much guys,....when you sleep on it & see what you did the night before, you question your decisions,...whether it was the light source or tiredness,....dunno.....but there are a few things i'm not happy with

Yep CJ.....I posted an image of that 'Fathead' top view a few pages ago,....after SteveStarkiller posted the huge image he discovered: #259
Here it is again with the background blackened:
http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/ag383/jaitea1/Bandai Falcon 1-144/Asset Top_zpsbtedsd1z.jpg

Thanks guys
J

Hum ok I clearly have some paint work to add on my TFA so.... :rolleyes

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and btw awesome job on the paint :cheers

Awesome, Jaitea, thanks! Is there a hi-res of it somewhere that's as big as Stevestarkiller's 5-footer fathead? Pardon my blindness -- I see blueprints in MF.com but couldn't seem to find one for that topview.

ZNunpZE.jpg

Looks like it's gonna be a bit hard to replicate exactly. It's a digital painting/render so they have the luxury of zooming in at a panel at super-macro level on the computer while creating it. So that zoomed out, it looks perfect for a 100-foot ship. On the other hand we're limited by what the airbrush can do. The digital colors and differences in hue in this thing are even more varied and detailed than the 5-footer's.

Hey I can see the oval pieces now! :)
11rEca2.jpg

Awesome, Jaitea, thanks! Is there a hi-res of it somewhere that's as big as Stevestarkiller's 5-footer fathead? Pardon my blindness -- I see blueprints in MF.com but couldn't seem to find one for that topview.

http://i.imgur.com/ZNunpZE.jpg

Looks like it's gonna be a bit hard to replicate exactly. It's a digital painting/render so they have the luxury of zooming in at a panel at super-macro level on the computer while creating it. So that zoomed out, it looks perfect for a 100-foot ship. On the other hand we're limited by what the airbrush can do. The digital colors and differences in hue in this thing are even more varied and detailed than the 5-footer's.

Hey I can see the oval pieces now! :)
http://i.imgur.com/11rEca2.jpg

Great finding CJ, I have spot that oval piece too , wanted to dub that and a few other thing but I still need a clear picture.

Thats all I've got at the minute CJ,....hopefully in the next couple of weeks the floodgates open & we'll get all the info we're waiting for.....

....& about the CG model,....yep although its based on the original 5 footer,...we here now looking at a detailing of a spaceship over 110ft not constraint to a 5 foot model anymore .......(I did predict this when the DeAgo builders were getting excited about the 32" kit,...It came out at the wrong time...we are going to get used to detail never seen before on the Falcon,.....the 32" will soon seem very unfamiliar )

J

Thats all I've got at the minute CJ,....hopefully in the next couple of weeks the floodgates open & we'll get all the info we're waiting for.....

....& about the CG model,....yep although its based on the original 5 footer,...we here now looking at a detailing of a spaceship over 110ft not constraint to a 5 foot model anymore .......(I did predict this when the DeAgo builders were getting excited about the 32" kit,...It came out at the wrong time...we are going to get used to detail never seen before on the Falcon,.....the 32" will soon seem very unfamiliar )

J

So true.... And so cool in the same time :$

Amazing work J :)
This thread is blowing my tiny mind, about a year ago I stalled on my hsmf as happens on my larger projects.
We chop and change to keep things interesting I'm sure this rings a bell with most of you...( my artoo took many years) and now I'm having to rethink the whole bloody thing.
This seems to be the difinitive falcon.
I promised myself I'd only do it once. #tfastudioscalefalcon

I modified the accursed AMT/ERTL cutaway into an Ep VII Millennium Falcon that I decided for some hairbrained reason to then light.
The results are below, but I have a full build gallery up on Facebook here: Modified AMT/ERTL The Force Awakens Millennium Falcon Build
I made the decision to keep the high sidewalls, as, though not screen accurate, in the scale of the model, the crew could never walk upright with the lowered ones.....
My first ever attempt at lighting a kit and only my second try at a Falcon (I was 10 the last time....)
Anyway, feedback always appreciated!
Millennium_Falcon_AMT-ERTL_Cutaway_TFA_HeadOn_SciFiHangar_Lights_29Nov15.jpgMillennium_Falcon_AMT-ERTL_Cutaway_TFA_LSideRear_Lights_Dark_29Nov15.jpgMillennium_Falcon_AMT-ERTL_Cutaway_TFA_RSide_Lights_Dark_29Nov15.jpgMillennium_Falcon_AMT-ERTL_Cutaway_TFA_RFront_Lights_Inside_mod_29Nov15.jpgMillennium_Falcon_AMT-ERTL_Cutaway_TFA_RSide_Lights_29Nov15.jpgMillennium_Falcon_AMT-ERTL_Cutaway_TFA_AboveR_Panel_Off_29Nov15.jpgMillennium_Falcon_AMT-ERTL_Cutaway_TFA_Headon_29Nov15.jpg

Last edited:
I think I'm pretty close on my cg model let me know what you guys think. Also ignore color tones, due to environment lighting
View attachment 562502
View attachment 562505
View attachment 562506

Beautiful render,....you got skills!!

Wow.

Just...wow.

Do you think your digital model will eventually be a useful paint template?

I'm worried that we won't have access to great pics of this digital falcon from the films.

I'm hoping that in the next few weeks we'll see official images of the digital bird,.....theres some areas that i'm dying to see

Amazing work J :)
This thread is blowing my tiny mind, about a year ago I stalled on my hsmf as happens on my larger projects.
We chop and change to keep things interesting I'm sure this rings a bell with most of you...( my artoo took many years) and now I'm having to rethink the whole bloody thing.
This seems to be the difinitive falcon.
I promised myself I'd only do it once. #tfastudioscalefalcon

Thanks SB,....I know,....I invested so much time into the Hasbro Hero ship only to abandon it for the quick fix buzz of building these fun Bandai kits,.....they really take me back to my early days of model building,.....FUN.....

But I will get back to it

I modified the accursed AMT/ERTL cutaway into an Ep VII Millennium Falcon that I decided for some hairbrained reason to then light.
The results are below, but I have a full build gallery up on Facebook here: Modified AMT/ERTL The Force Awakens Millennium Falcon Build
I made the decision to keep the high sidewalls, as, though not screen accurate, in the scale of the model, the crew could never walk upright with the lowered ones.....
My first ever attempt at lighting a kit and only my second try at a Falcon (I was 10 the last time....)
Anyway, feedback always appreciated!
View attachment 562569View attachment 562568View attachment 562567View attachment 562566View attachment 562565View attachment 562564View attachment 562563

Lovely build there Valder,....the MPC is not as bad as everyone moans about,....your photos show how good it can turn out

J

Some more paint,....this is her:

6eed1991-0b04-4e26-b25e-dff43ee799c8.jpg

...compared to my MPC....(well the MPC that I sold)

IMG_1957.jpg

IMG_3382.jpg

IMG_3383.jpg

IMG_3384.jpg

Thats where I am at the minute
Thanks for looking

John

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back